Groups

Good earphones from aliexpress

Im after a pair of decent earphones from aliexpress. I have seen some xiaomi ones for around £6, has anyone got them or could someone recommend any? Thanks

10 Comments

If you could buy from Gearbest then check out the Xiaomi Mi iv earphones. Had them for a few months and they're quite good - definitely worth it for the price.

m.gearbest.com/ear…tml

These are the best for this price range: 7dayshop.com/pro…m/a
    And I have compared them with the earpods I got with my iPhone, they sound identical so definitely genuine.
    They also sound better than my Sennheiser HD201.
    Edited by: "dush_yant" 13th Apr

I have the Xiaomi Hybrids (linked above), I find them really good but some don't like them, the new version Hybrid Pro's are under £30 and pretty much universally well regarded (check the deals section on here).

dush_yant

These are the best for this price range: … These are the best for this price range: https://www.7dayshop.com/products/genuine-apple-iphone-6-5-5c-5s-earpods-headphone-earphone-handsfree-with-mic-wh2-md827zm/aAnd I have compared them with the earpods I got with my iPhone, they sound identical so definitely genuine.They also sound better than my Sennheiser HD201.

Really??? iPhone earbuds are awful......

Uridium

Really??? iPhone earbuds are awful......

To each his own. Hearing perception varies greatly from person to person, that's why there is so much of a market for speakers and vendors can use all these mumbo jumbo pseudo-technical wordings in their marketing.
    But that said there is very little (if any!) competition that will match iPhone earpods at this price range.
    I use them and the HD201 with a Sony CD Walkman and when comparing both I do prefer the sound of the earpods.
    BTW I'm talking about earpods not the old earbuds which I have a pair too from an old ipod shuffle and they definitely don't sound as good as the earpods or the HD201.
    A review of earpods here: whathifi.com/app…iew

Edited by: "dush_yant" 13th Apr

dush_yant

To each his own. Hearing perception varies greatly from person to person, … To each his own. Hearing perception varies greatly from person to person, that's why there is so much of a market for speakers and vendors can use all these mumbo jumbo pseudo-technical wordings in their marketing.But that said there is very little (if any!) competition that will match iPhone earpods at this price range.I use them and the HD201 with a Sony CD Walkman and when comparing both I do prefer the sound of the earpods.BTW I'm talking about earpods not the old earbuds which I have a pair too from an old ipod shuffle and they definitely don't sound as good as the earpods or the HD201. A review of earpods here: https://www.whathifi.com/apple/earpods/review

Yes sorry i think you are probably correct, I suppose in the context of a £6 price bracket they aren't too bad.

I wouldn't use what hi-fi reviews as any evidence of quality though. Their paid for Sony reviews and ridiculous claims about HDMi cables have seriously tarnished their relevance as a source to be trusted.
    Edited by: "Uridium" 13th Apr

Uridium

Yes sorry i think you are probably correct, I suppose in the context of … Yes sorry i think you are probably correct, I suppose in the context of a £6 price bracket they aren't too bad. I wouldn't use what hi-fi reviews as any evidence of quality though. Their paid for Sony reviews and ridiculous claims about HDMi cables have seriously tarnished their relevance as a source to be trusted.

Yes I agree, it gives an indication of what you should be looking for but nothing else. And for most of the Whathifi reviews I can pretty much guess what they are going to write by looking at the product specs before even reading the review - e.g. If the speaker frequency range doesn't go low they will say something like it lacks punch, if the speaker driver are on the small side but frequency range does go low they will say it lacks attack, if the tweeter is metal they will say it can be harsh in certain setups and is harder to match with an amplifier, if the speaker cabinet is rear ported they will say it is hard to place or if it is not rear ported they will say it is easy to place. Makes you think whether they really listen to the products well enough before making their appraisal or they just go with the on-paper specs...
    Unfortunately when you google for hifi products, WhatHifi is in the top 5 hits and I'm sure vendors like Q Acoustics who regularly get 5* reviews owe a lot of their sales over competitors who are not so well reviewed by WhatHifi because of this.

Gyre8

Rock Zircons.Read about them here: … Rock Zircons.Read about them here: https://www.audiobudget.com/product.php?brand=ROCK&id=Zircon

Looks like a good website will have a read

O.P I had some but struggled to get a good fit, check out the RHA ma350 for £20 they have very good sound
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you turn clothes inside out before washing?1724
      2. Selling advice55
      3. Decent hoover33
      4. Recommend a free reminder app1211

See more discussions