EXPIRED

Good External Bluray Reader?

Looking to rip a few of my blurays to my hard drive?

Whats the best value bluray reader to get?

As once I have a external bluray reader connected to my laptop how hard is it then to rip the bluray to my hard drive and put onto my external hard drive?

I assume I can then put this into my lg bluray player which has a usb port and play them like that?

Thanks guys ill be looking to buy one asap so any good deals out there?

2 Comments

Sounds like more trouble than its worth, even it were possible - each movie would need 25GB-50GB of temporary storage, and the computer would need to process these files into different formats, compatible with your player - would take ages to convert, file sizes would be massive, usb transfers take forever, on a even a pretty much top of the range quad core workstation, encryption in the blu-ray players is software based, so their a regular updates to prevent piracy.

** Basically your far better buying the blu-ray discs legitimately, watching the movies and then reselling on ebay once you have watched it - if your looking for cheap way to watch blu-rays. **

It would be nice to thnk you could have a HD Movie collection of your bought blu-rays, but while there is DRM (Digital Rigts Management) it is just seems a whole lot of hassle and lots of time and effort, expense for very little in terms of results, put the money buying the drive into buying more blu-rays, and sit back and enjoy!

Regarding the portable blu-ray player - if you use a Portable player without a chipset which supports blu-ray DRM encyption to the screen, you wouldn't be able to watch it/convert it (DRM would stop you) - ie. the graphics needs to support blu-ray too, and you would need a blu-ray player software such as WinDVD/PowerDVD - maybe wrong - as I said it all seems like too much hassle. Basically Digital Rights Management is a show-stopper, to your goal of having a HD Hard disk based movies collection, one of the reasons blu-ray won the format battle - as the big hollywood studios endorsed its protection mechanisms, as superior to HD DVD format.

Original Poster

ahh right thought it was easy to do this these days?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)66
    2. American Road Trip11
    3. Iptv810
    4. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy33

See more discussions