Looking to buy a new family car. Only got about £5000

Currently have a Mondeo. Thinking about a C4 or maybe a Focus C-Max

Any recommendations please????

Many thanks

1. Ask
  2. Car
  3. Family
16 Comments

i have had a puegeot 407 m8 for 7 years now and no probs is excellent to run cheap and big enough for all our camping gear and mrs and 2 sons u wont go wrong with it 2l one i have

singer

you would really need to go to somewhere like arnold clark and try ones that you like out for space and test drive them, then research them for reliability, faults and price before making any decision its alot of money to spend to end up with something you hate

We have recently bought a 2005 CMax for just under £5k. Low mileage, full mot, service history. Plenty around for that price a couple of weeks ago (check ebay) although you might struggle to find a diesel for that price. Really nice car, well equipped, loads of room for the kids too.

toyota corolla verso 7 seater

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/40849.jpg

its similar size to a touran.

http://www.wilsonsofrathkenny.co.uk/carimages/3268%2007%20Toyota%20Corolla%20Verso%20Silver.jpg

I think i would steer clear of the c max as I believe they can be pricey on tyres (my friends sport version was) Stay away from Peugeot esp 307! Can't go wrong with a Japanese car good price on toyotas at the minute with their recent recall but you would get a nice Verso circa 5k.

Original Poster

NICE!

Teqnophile

toyota corolla verso 7 seater

Original Poster

Evil_monkey

We have recently bought a 2005 CMax for just under £5k. Low mileage, full … We have recently bought a 2005 CMax for just under £5k. Low mileage, full mot, service history. Plenty around for that price a couple of weeks ago (check ebay) although you might struggle to find a diesel for that price. Really nice car, well equipped, loads of room for the kids too.

Original Poster

Don't think we have any of those around here but am off for a look tomorrow.

tracyhay

you would really need to go to somewhere like arnold clark and try ones … you would really need to go to somewhere like arnold clark and try ones that you like out for space and test drive them, then research them for reliability, faults and price before making any decision its alot of money to spend to end up with something you hate

Original Poster

singer

i have had a puegeot 407 m8 for 7 years now and no probs is excellent to … i have had a puegeot 407 m8 for 7 years now and no probs is excellent to run cheap and big enough for all our camping gear and mrs and 2 sons u wont go wrong with it 2l one i have singer

Original Poster

Whats up with a 307? I've just looked at one that looks nice, are they prone to faults? Thanks :-)

Savvyshopper2009

I think i would steer clear of the c max as I believe they can be pricey … I think i would steer clear of the c max as I believe they can be pricey on tyres (my friends sport version was) Stay away from Peugeot esp 307! Can't go wrong with a Japanese car good price on toyotas at the minute with their recent recall but you would get a nice Verso circa 5k.

Swift Best Family car

A mazda 6

we used to have a focus and loved it!

Teqnophile

its similar size to a touran.

I've got one of these Versos - pretty pleased with it - 7 seats without the need for a massive people carrier

shokatali48

Swift Best Family car

Assuming you have a very small family.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226646
    2. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4176
    3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251
    4. word association Game74244916

See more discussions