Groups
    EXPIRED

good free torrent vpn?

I remember receiving a letter from my ISP as I downloaded expendables 3 a couple years back. little did they know that I actually went to cinema before watching my download and also purchased on blu ray(love it). I don't want to receive more letters and possibly end up in jail, what's the best VPN that's free to use that will hide any torrents? I don't do a lot but find it annoying that I can listen to songs prior to purchase. I can try a car prior to purchase and view a house etc but I can't see a film prior to purchasing an expensive cinema ticket or blu ray.

23 Comments

in b4 the torrent cops arrive,I neither agree or disagree,but I've heard of people downloading media whether paid or unpaid for I am unsure.
    I have also heard that they have installed something similar to opera vpn on their mobile or tablet and set their torrent downloader to enable proxy too.

this all may be in my imagination though,or I heard it on the bus.

give zenmate add on for chrome a try

I might be wrong but with regards with torrents of any kind you use an open network to download, that's how ISPs can spot you because you open your network to anyone (seeds and leechers).

while chrome and firefox addons will encrypt your browser based internet usage, if you dl torrents through a client, you need a system level vpn solution. you will not find a free (and fast) vpn that lets you download lots of stuff. free vpn's are limited in usage and usually very slow ( good for simple browsing but not much else)

If you are serious about encrypting your internet traffic, you have to pay for a premium service, either a monthly fee, or an annual subscription.

of course if you consider the moral implications, you will not download stuff ( I'm not trying to preach here)
    for listening songs prior purchase, youtube is always a good option.

it's the initial search that shows up,not once it's running.

t3rm3y

good free torrent vpn?

Don't know if any good, but it's free pegasusvpn.com/

Try Opera.

fawkes99

it's the initial search that shows up,not once it's running.

​so you've never looked at the peers tab on your torrent client? you don't get a cease and desist notice for doing a search, you get it because you're sharing copyrighted material as you upload as well as download.

I use nordvpn, dl/ul speeds are good. Costs about £7 a month. Never a problem with the feds. Got 2x 2tb worth of software/films

A friend said to me; why do people still use torrents !.

Have you tried borrowing a DVD from your local library?
    Granted they won't have the latest movies, but maybe worth a try?

richardthompson79

I use nordvpn, dl/ul speeds are good. Costs about £7 a month. Never a … I use nordvpn, dl/ul speeds are good. Costs about £7 a month. Never a problem with the feds. Got 2x 2tb worth of software/films

Your're paying £7 too much per month.

RiverDragon8

Your're paying £7 too much per month.

​Why? I hear Nord are good. And they say they don't keep logs.

Opera vpn and its free

Has any individual ever been prosecuted successfully in the UK for torrenting for individual use?

t3rm3y

little did they know that I actually went to cinema before watching my … little did they know that I actually went to cinema before watching my download and also purchased on blu ray(love it).

How is that of any relevance? Furthermore, if you have the blu ray, why not watch it on blu ray or even re-encode the blu ray?

use https downloads then. Try a good cheap multihost site like real-debrid

oh...and Opera browser includes a free VPN for browser downloading...

Uridium

use https downloads then. Try a good cheap multihost site like … use https downloads then. Try a good cheap multihost site like real-debridoh...and Opera browser includes a free VPN for browser downloading...

Opera browser VPN is (was?) actually a proxy. Not clear if that has changed since April 2016 nakedsecurity.sophos.com/201…er/

I would avoid free vpns as they are likely to be selling your data to pay the bills.
    Air vpn allow torrents

why bother? just stream from either showbox on a mobile device or use putlocker

Original Poster

DaveTaylor

How is that of any relevance? Furthermore, if you have the blu ray, why … How is that of any relevance? Furthermore, if you have the blu ray, why not watch it on blu ray or even re-encode the blu ray?

​im saying that although I downloaded the film I still paid for it at the cinema and bought the blu ray.so I am paying for films not simply illegally downloading them and never paying for the hard work the studios and actors put in. I'll give some of these a go. I did install some tor app and orfox but know idea if these hide the tTorrent app that I used last time.

t3rm3y

​im saying that although I downloaded the film I still paid for it at the … ​im saying that although I downloaded the film I still paid for it at the cinema and bought the blu ray.so I am paying for films not simply illegally downloading them and never paying for the hard work the studios and actors put in. I'll give some of these a go. I did install some tor app and orfox but know idea if these hide the tTorrent app that I used last time.

In their eyes (and the law) it doesn't matter if you paid for a ticket at the cinema, downloading an illegal copy is still illegal.

But back to reality, you have nothing to be worried about, no one in the UK is prosecuted for downloading a few movies. It is only the people who record/distribute the files that are in the cross hairs and not the people who seed the odd torrent.

Ignore the letters/emails you receive and keep on torrenting.

Also, there is no good free VPN for what you want, if you really want one then go buy one, they are like £5 a month.

t3rm3y

​im saying that although I downloaded the film I still paid for it at the … ​im saying that although I downloaded the film I still paid for it at the cinema and bought the blu ray.so I am paying for films not simply illegally downloading them and never paying for the hard work the studios and actors put in. I'll give some of these a go. I did install some tor app and orfox but know idea if these hide the tTorrent app that I used last time.

Huh? Why have you repeated yourself? I was asking what was the relevance in your statement rather than asking for a repeat of your original citation.

So what you have claimed is that you intended to obtain films illegally but in order to "legalise" your actions, you purchase the blu-ray. What is the point in that? Why not just download without making the blu ray purchase?

Like you say, you can listen to music samples prior to purchase. Similarly, you can watch film trailers prior to purchase, contrary to your belief "I can't see a film prior to purchasing an expensive cinema ticket or blu ray". No need to make intelligence-insulting excuses.

Downloading using bittorrents via VPN is traceable. The network traffic first reaches the ISP's DNS server and at this juncture, it is most certainly traceable. Once the traffic is forwarded via VPN, it is encrypted (usually) but the issue lies in the initial relay to the ISP's DNS servers. There is a way around this though...
    Edited by: "DaveTaylor" 13th Dec 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung Galaxy S633
      2. BT sport on sky boxes46
      3. Amazon spend £20 and get £5 extra44
      4. Xiaomi phones45

See more discussions