Good Friends.....

Found 25th Sep 2009
Kinda bored so here's a random question.....

......do you think it takes time to become good friends with someone? Or do you think that sometimes you can just click with someone (defo in a friend way...not any other) and just feel like you've known them ages?

I think there are defo people that you can be great friends with, without really knowing them at all...kinda on a different level to great friends that you know everything about but nevertheless....I do believe you can have pretty close friendships without knowing the person for long

...discuss

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
32 Comments

Yes I Agree

ye i agree :-D

>>>>>>>>me

proof :w00t:

Original Poster

muffin247;6399256

Yes I Agree

micoo;6399269

ye i agree :-D

lol thats it????? cmon you cant just agree with me......give your own opinion lol
ClarityofMind;6399272

>>>>>>>>meproof :w00t:

:thumbsup:

im best friends with micoo but ive never met him before, just for the fact he has a punchable face so i wanna be his friend!

of course!

My best friend and Ihave been buddies since primary 1 - 35 years now, but my closest friend in the world - well we have only known each other 3 years and met randomly in a queue at the local chippie lol............

lol, the whole planet agrees wow

lil_tiger;6399291

lol thats it????? cmon you cant just agree with me......give your own … lol thats it????? cmon you cant just agree with me......give your own opinion lol:thumbsup:

my opinion is you are correct :lol:

muffin247;6399299

im best friends with micoo but ive never met him before, just for the … im best friends with micoo but ive never met him before, just for the fact he has a punchable face so i wanna be his friend!

my face is beautifull, dont be silly

Original Poster

bossyboots;6399302

of course! My best friend and Ihave been buddies since primary 1 - 35 … of course! My best friend and Ihave been buddies since primary 1 - 35 years now, but my closest friend in the world - well we have only known each other 3 years and met randomly in a queue at the local chippie lol............

awwwwww
ClarityofMind;6399304

lol, the whole planet agrees wow

I know...I expected a load of responses saying "how can you be friends with someone you dont really know blah blah blah"
micoo;6399306

my opinion is you are correct :lol:

lmao OMG micoo.....lemme get this right....did a fella just say he agrees with me and I...Miss Lil Tiger got something correct?!?!?!?! OMG I'm in shock!:w00t:

lil_tiger;6399330

lmao OMG micoo.....lemme get this right....did a fella just say he agrees … lmao OMG micoo.....lemme get this right....did a fella just say he agrees with me and I...Miss Lil Tiger got something correct?!?!?!?! OMG I'm in shock!:w00t:

it dnt happen often, but on this occasion, you are right :lol:

micoo;6399320

my face is beautifull, dont be silly

your face is lovely but whew your feet stink :w00t:

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6399374

thats why hes so tall....couldnt stand the smell

ClarityofMind;6399374

i will have yo know that they smell fantastic :lol:

anyway im off to bed now night everyone

i agree you can be friends with out haveing to know alot about each other but its on a different level of friendship to a friend you have known a long time and would tell them anything to x

micoo;6399388

i will have yo know that they smell fantastic :lol:anyway im off to bed … i will have yo know that they smell fantastic :lol:anyway im off to bed now night everyone

night poopoowhiffyfeet I mean Micoo

bossyboots;6399302

of course! My best friend and Ihave been buddies since primary 1 - 35 … of course! My best friend and Ihave been buddies since primary 1 - 35 years now, but my closest friend in the world - well we have only known each other 3 years and met randomly in a queue at the local chippie lol............

interesting you don't consider your best friend your closest friend?

I have many friends, some i know better than others. There is however only 1 person my best friend we have been best friends on and off since age 4 (now 26) that i would tell me deepest darkest secrets too. Unfortunetly there are some people who both call me a friend and i them but unfortunetly i would not trust all that much, that makes me sad

superskilly;6399428

why???? dont you have friends who you can go to for different things, problems, etc. dont you have friends who you can go to for a great night out, weekends away, but perhaps another cant due to circumstances.

I have a few best friends - a group of us - but have ONE friend I call my closest.

I dont find that strange at all??

Original Poster

Tinkytayls;6399417

i agree you can be friends with out haveing to know alot about each other … i agree you can be friends with out haveing to know alot about each other but its on a different level of friendship to a friend you have known a long time and would tell them anything to x

hmmmmm I guess Im weird there.....my friends that I have known a long time I will keep some things back from them....no reason why....whereas I will tell everything to friends that I havent known long
superskilly;6399428

as above.....I agree....my best friend is someone who Im with most of the time...we know everything useless about each other (family stories random normal info) but nothing that really means much...she doesnt know much about my relationship statusfor example....whereas other people online know nothing 'normal' about me....nothing about where/how I grew up....what I like/dislike....but some know a lot more personal info about me....sounds kinda odd when I explain it....:whistling:

superskilly;6399470

I have many friends, some i know better than others. There is however … I have many friends, some i know better than others. There is however only 1 person my best friend we have been best friends on and off since age 4 (now 26) that i would tell me deepest darkest secrets too. Unfortunetly there are some people who both call me a friend and i them but unfortunetly i would not trust all that much, that makes me sad

No, actually if I knew someone that I couldnt trust 'all that much' I wouldnt class them as a friend - more like someone I know

Sometimes you think someone is your friend and something goes wrong .... sigh:?

Original Poster

bossyboots;6399477

why???? dont you have friends who you can go to for different things, … why???? dont you have friends who you can go to for different things, problems, etc. dont you have friends who you can go to for a great night out, weekends away, but perhaps another cant due to circumstances.I have a few best friends - a group of us - but have ONE friend I call my closest.I dont find that strange at all??

completely agree....kinda like diff friends have diff 'uses' lol

one friend im out with all the time....every weekend guaranteed
one friend I hardly talk to anymore but know she would be there for me
another I havent spoke to in 3 years...yet she rang me the other month and now im her maid of honour next year
another is my counsillor....makes sure Im not losing it (a few of these actually)
one is the one that always looks out for me....makes sure Im ok

I think you get the idea.....lol

I have alot of friends but i have one who means the world to me , i feel very close to her and i know she feels the same. I would and could tell her anything and i know she is the same we have been like it from the 1st day we met. I think what makes that friendship different is the fact is with normal friends i dont get a emotionally attached to but my one good friend when she crys , it makes me cry etc i love her dealry, also i would trust her with my childrens lives i know she thinks of them as her neice and nephew and would fight tooth and nail for if needed be ... even if we have had a falling out today x

Click....

jtx;6399567

Click....

Click :w00t:

lil_tiger;6399538

completely agree....kinda like diff friends have diff 'uses' lolone … completely agree....kinda like diff friends have diff 'uses' lolone friend im out with all the time....every weekend guaranteedone friend I hardly talk to anymore but know she would be there for meanother I havent spoke to in 3 years...yet she rang me the other month and now im her maid of honour next yearanother is my counsillor....makes sure Im not losing it (a few of these actually)one is the one that always looks out for me....makes sure Im okI think you get the idea.....lol

actually that is perfectly put!!!

Of course you have best friends but everyone has their CLOSEST FRIEND EVER!!!!!! that one you can tell absolutely everything too regardless of - well can think of a few things but would never post!

There is a group of us - 6 - that do most things together - but there is that one who I feel if I was to peg it tomoro then she would automatically take over and know what to do! its hard to put into words.................

Both of us had a spa evening few weeks back and honestly hardly spoke a word at the hotel when relaxing but it was one of the best nights as a very comfortable silence! I think u will only understand that if you have a really close friend

One of the friends I truly loved was killed in a car accident in Worcestershire.

Another of my friends.. her Mum and mine were best friends and they had their children at the same time... she was the respective baby to me... we've been friends all our lives.

Have other friends I've had as long as school or collegs or Uni... some i've made at work.

Consider the online friends I have to be just as important to me as friends I've met in other ways.

It's still intimate and trusting and loving and compassionate and forever xxxx

Original Poster

bossyboots;6399588

actually that is perfectly put!!!Of course you have best friends but … actually that is perfectly put!!!Of course you have best friends but everyone has their CLOSEST FRIEND EVER!!!!!! that one you can tell absolutely everything too regardless of - well can think of a few things but would never post! There is a group of us - 6 - that do most things together - but there is that one who I feel if I was to peg it tomoro then she would automatically take over and know what to do! its hard to put into words.................Both of us had a spa evening few weeks back and honestly hardly spoke a word at the hotel when relaxing but it was one of the best nights as a very comfortable silence! I think u will only understand that if you have a really close friend

I do understand you 100% but with me...my closest friend is the one I see the most....not the one I can say anything to....the one I can speak to about anything and who I guess you would class as my best friend is currently in australia and I havent seen her in over a year (shes only been there since july too lol...not all year)

I figured out while at uni that I think i do this as a coping stratergy.....in school I had 1 best friend....and she stole my coursework and I got one of my GSCE's faild due to plagerism (she did too but it was my work she submitted as hers). Because of this I have numerous different friends....each know certain things about me....yet none of them know everything. This way....no-one can get close enough to hurt me the way my school friend did......thats what I think anyways :whistling:

snowflake;6399630

All my friends I have have been people I've clicked with instantly, … All my friends I have have been people I've clicked with instantly, having moved around so much in my life. My choice though is to have just a few people who I am close to and class as friends that i can discuss things with and trust completely and the rest are just acquaintances really. Im old though Lil Tig so prob different for me :roll:

I think Snowflake you hit the nail on the head there with that word...........acquaintances..................we all have acquaintances but thats small fry compared to having a fully fledged friend:-D

Original Poster

snowflake;6399630

All my friends I have have been people I've clicked with instantly, … All my friends I have have been people I've clicked with instantly, having moved around so much in my life. My choice though is to have just a few people who I am close to and class as friends that i can discuss things with and trust completely and the rest are just acquaintances really. Im old though Lil Tig so prob different for me :roll:

you're not old! cant remember how old you said you are but Im sure you arent old! I had a friend at uni...and he was one of those that felt the need to be friends with everyone he ever met....the way he lived made me feel for him....he neglected his real friends to chase new ones that really werent friends at all,.....but some people think the more phone numbers they have in their phone the more friends they have.....it isnt like that at all...and I hope he learns before he grows truly lonely

lil_tiger;6399640

I do understand you 100% but with me...my closest friend is the one I see … I do understand you 100% but with me...my closest friend is the one I see the most....not the one I can say anything to....the one I can speak to about anything and who I guess you would class as my best friend is currently in australia and I havent seen her in over a year (shes only been there since july too lol...not all year)I figured out while at uni that I think i do this as a coping stratergy.....in school I had 1 best friend....and she stole my coursework and I got one of my GSCE's faild due to plagerism (she did too but it was my work she submitted as hers). Because of this I have numerous different friends....each know certain things about me....yet none of them know everything. This way....no-one can get close enough to hurt me the way my school friend did......thats what I think anyways :whistling:

I actually understand what you are saying there.

In my case, I feel very lucky to have made such good friends, and also to have such an amazing trusting relationship with my closest buddy considering its only been few years we have known each other. I am normally very guarded too, but thankfully dont feel the need to keep things when my pal and I have a good old blether

When my marriage ended 7 years back, I actually felt quite alone as realised that I had put all my energies into saving my marriage ............my friends were all still there but I hadnt been much of a friend to them ie. rarely keeping in touch etc, and I vowed never ever to let that happen again!

Its so true that men/relationships come and go, but good friends stay forever. MY friend from primary 1 - we laugh as dont think each other has changed physically lol - we think we still look the same as primary one!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What is cash back?48
    2. water bill1019
    3. How to clean old printed T-Shirts?11
    4. Have you been to Nandos?922

See more discussions