Groups
    EXPIRED

Good Gaming HDTV

Looking for a good gaming HDTV, Has to be between 37"-42" and have 3/4 HDMI ports. Budget is £400-£500/550.

Been looking at these 2 so far and cannot decide:

Samsung LE40C580 & LG 42LD450

9 Comments

LG and Panasonics have the best rep of any plasmas, Samsungs have a rough rep of HDTV's that being said it would be more down to age of model I reckon.

Original Poster

Thing is I have a Samsung LE40B551A (LE40B550) and its HORRIBLE with gaming, the motion and judder is terrible when moving, I Had a old 720p Sony Bravia that was 3 years old and it was a hell of a lot better.

Oh forgot to say that Samsungs normally make great LCD's and bad Plasmas.

Original Poster

thanks dood

i might as well as a quick question too. Looking for a cheap 46+ inch TV mainly for SD viewing and the odd HD content. Any recommendations?

what ever you get make sure its a LCD if your mainly gaming, LCD best for gaming, plasmas best for movies.

Daytrader

what ever you get make sure its a LCD if your mainly gaming, LCD best for … what ever you get make sure its a LCD if your mainly gaming, LCD best for gaming, plasmas best for movies.

So untrue, where did you get that from?

most plasmas do have a 600hz refresh rate, so would be better than lcd for smoother gameplay. But the issue with plasma is image retention and power consumption.

ryouga

So untrue, where did you get that from?

This. ^ Plasmas are simply the best tv for gaming, unfortunately. This is because the plasmas come with ~0ms of input lag. Perfect for high paced games. Only problem is they're big and bulky.

Tha Panasonic G20 is the one you want but it is about £90-100 off budget

Edited by: "^Joe" 20th Jan 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sky or virgin45
      2. is it still possible/easy to add the playstore to a new kindle fire 822
      3. Cheapest Place to Buy Half Decent LED Bulbs - Bayonet & Spots65
      4. DPD international?45

See more discussions