Good headphones to use on an plane?

12 replies
Found 25th Nov 2016
I'm looking for some fairly cheap but effective headphones to use on a plane. Any recommendations please?

12 Comments

Banned

Regardless of what you buy, don't have it loud enough so the person next to you can hear it.

How big is the aeroplane?
I think you may struggle to get a pair to fit a plane! X)

How about the ones in business class?

Depends on what you call cheap...I recently used a pair of Sennheiser HD25 (about £120) on a long haul flight...and was told by one of the flight crew that they are the best headphones in the world

Not sure I would go that far but they were great, small enough to be quite portable but great quality too.

not cheap and not want you want hear but bose make a long haul (12 hours plus ) so much less tiring
sony noise cancelling is pretty good
avoid Philips nc headphones
and do not fall for noise isolating marketing
Edited by: "mattmerch" 25th Nov 2016

Bose Noise cancelling have always served me well - they are comfortable on the ears too, which is important if you are a regular traveller/travel long haul.

it all comes down to how often you travel and therefore cost effectiveness

I highly recommend the AKG 451s

Original Poster

Thank you. We're off to New Zealand over Christmas and the rest of the family seem to be sorted, I thought I might invest.

They say a plane with the constant background noise is perfect for noise canceling headphones. They work the best with the same constant level of noise you find on a plane. The next best is in ear as they block background background noise by design, and I have bought ok sounding in ear buds from about £6. Loads listed here. Depends what you want to spend

We got a couple of these for a recent flight and thought they were really good so we got more.
They are small compact and good sound, much better than the earphones they provide.
JVC HA-S160

Original Poster

Sandy1012

We got a couple of these for a recent flight and thought they were really … We got a couple of these for a recent flight and thought they were really good so we got more. They are small compact and good sound, much better than the earphones they provide.JVC HA-S160

Oh thanks, I just love that price, will give them a go.

Not sure if you'll need one of these too.
ebay.co.uk/bhp…tor
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56523
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle22
    3. Free flights to Europe711
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions