Groups

Good Horror/Ghost Books

So its my Girlfriends birthday coming up and I know she likes to read, alot!
    I want to get her some good horror / ghost books but I am not sure of any, as I struggle to read

Can anyone suggest any good ones please?

9 Comments

Any of Stephen King or James Herbert

James Herbert == James Pervert. I read Ash which contains rape, incest and the list goes on oO
    I'm not prudish but some parts of the book were very bizarre.

Try Clive Barker, Dean Koontz, M. R. James and Algernon Blackwood.

Off topic but good
    podiobooks.com/tit…es/

Knifepoint horror podcast is amazing, it's just a single man telling his story but the story telling is a cut above and draws you completely in.

PDF of his stories from his website
    soren-narnia.com/TCK…pdf

The Necroscope series by Brian Lumley

IT by Stephen King. Absolute masterpiece for me.
    The Stand by Stephen King. Great great book
    In fact a lot of kings books. Misery is great.

Stephen King. Richard Layman. Dean Koontz. In that order.

now186

So its my Girlfriends birthday coming up and I know she likes to read, … So its my Girlfriends birthday coming up and I know she likes to read, alot!

Peter F. Hamilton's Night's Dawn maybe? Not exactly a horror novel but there's a lot of it and it definitely features malevolent spirits.

China Mieville's Perdido Street Station & The Scar are some good dark fantasy novels featuring lots of scary bad guys

And if she's only just getting into Horror then H.P. Lovecraft should be added to the list of classic authors. There's a three volume omnibus of his works available.

+1 for James Herbert
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions