Good Hotel reccomendations in Istanbul

Found 8th Apr
I'm going to Turkey next month and wanted to know any good hotels near the main attractions
Community Updates
AskTravelHotel
5 Comments
Trust me, ask on the Istanbul forum on Trip Advisor.

Local destination experts & regular visitors will point you in the right direction.
I stayed at the grand Washington. Wasn't brilliant tbh but location was excellent. You could walk to most of the attractions and good cheap food nearby.
Don't pay for individual entrance fees as you can buy a pass that lets you see all of them and it works out much cheaper.
Agree Tripadvisor is good. Better that Booking.com or hotel.com ratings

It's always worth checking if the hotel is being refurbished in any way before booking. Recently published reviews will usually mention this I have spent literally 000s of nights in hotels and to me, the very very worst are not the flea ridden bed bug variety (you know those when you book them). The worst is a hammer drill at 07.30 reverberating round your room.
Went to Istanbul back in September and used AirBnB, the apartment was awesome, super modern and stylish with everything you would have back at home, washing machine, fridge, TV, WiFi etc, We had a 'Super host' usually they become these through countless good reviews and the hosts that go out their way to help you, for example he dotted out all the local food places fancy to cheap, hes favorite breakfast, lunch and dinner spots, coffee spots, different cuisine places pizza, Mexican fusion, Indian etc. on the apartments profile page which can be printed out for reference.

he was there to greet us. showed us around the apartment and even a tour around the local places, shops, taxi depo etc. we also was very close to the tram/train service, which i would recommend you use, super easy and gets you to all the places you most likely will need. the host showed us how to use the trains, their oyster card, how to top up etc. hope this helps. P.s i still miss that bed, slept like a baby on that thing. (also 'Salt bae' restaurants a must!!! called Nusr-Et, but make sure you go to the right one, not he's burger joint, the steakhouse is what you want)
We loved our 4 night stay at the Hotel Miniature in Fatih; it's a small "boutique" hotel in a great location within walking distance of many of Istanbuls sights such as the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, the Spice Bazaar etc. It's located a quiet street with fabulous rooms and service and some great cafe's and restaurants nearby.

The hotel is in a stunning Ottoman building which has a really interesting history. It's roof terrace has great views across the city to the Bosphorous and the jacuzzi on the top floor is a lovely touch too. Breakfast was great (as was the complimentary Turkish delight" and nothing was too much trouble for them. We took the suite which was gorgeous. I'd recommend a stay here without hesitation.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants