Found 13th Jun 2008
My brother whose due to be 22 is moving into his own flat finally in a couple of weeks. Need to think of something to get him; he said nothing too expensive otherwise he won't accept it, so nothing above £50...

Any suggestions guys? He downloads pretty much all his media, he's getting a MacBook Pro so I was thinking, any useful accessories for it? He's already got Apple Airport and Harmon Kardon Sounsticks...

I neeeed ideas...

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
30 Comments

ermm how bout something for the house? he got all the accesories? kettle toster microwave etc etc

Banned

Ikea vouchers.

Original Poster

onlyme23;2302337

ermm how bout something for the house? he got all the accesories? kettle … ermm how bout something for the house? he got all the accesories? kettle toster microwave etc etc

Yep, it comes already furnished and all, so don't think he'll be needing any of them.

halogen heater? ;-)

Original Poster

DLM;2302339

Ikea vouchers.

Thanks for the suggestion but I was thinking something other than vouchers or money...

pikachu12;2302341

Yep, it comes already furnished and all, so don't think he'll be needing … Yep, it comes already furnished and all, so don't think he'll be needing any of them.

furnished doesnt necesarily mean it is accesorised lol

why dont you just ask him if there is something he wants? lol
or....good old vouchers

Banned

pikachu12;2302345

Thanks for the suggestion but I was thinking something other than … Thanks for the suggestion but I was thinking something other than vouchers or money...

A cake and card.

Original Poster

LadyMadonna;2302343

halogen heater? ;-)

Central heating... and he hates halogens because apparently they use up too much energy on light as well. He's a bit of a snob...

Original Poster

DLM;2302348

A cake.

Brilliant idea.

Original Poster

onlyme23;2302346

furnished doesnt necesarily mean it is accesorised lol

Yeah good point, but i'd rather not, just in case he already has one.

Banned

A picture of you & him or a bbq for his flat warming party.

Just being droll ...... housewarming....... heater

I'll get my coat

Original Poster

LadyMadonna;2302355

Just being droll ...... housewarming....... heaterI'll get my coat

clever....

Original Poster

DLM;2302354

A picture of you & him or a bbq for his flat warming party.

thanks
but I think i'll just get him a cake and a couple bottles of wine/champagne

mini drinks fridge for bedroom! i got one with water dispenser on front 3 shelves sits on top of chest of drawers (not the tiny ones that fit like 6 cans) and paid bout £50 a year ago

Original Poster

onlyme23;2302364

mini drinks fridge for bedroom! i got one with water dispenser on front 3 … mini drinks fridge for bedroom! i got one with water dispenser on front 3 shelves sits on top of chest of drawers (not the tiny ones that fit like 6 cans) and paid bout £50 a year ago

Nahh, I can't really imagine him using one... thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Banned

dunno i guess it kinda depends on the person to a degree. get them something they will use everyday. ide get them a plant lol

Banned

pikachu12;2302361

thanks :)but I think i'll just get him a cake and a couple bottles of … thanks :)but I think i'll just get him a cake and a couple bottles of wine/champagne

Sounds good to me, i don't know anybody who doesn't like cake.

Send me a piece, if there is any leftover.

I had a bbq last sunday, i should have got more cake/cakes they went in a flash.

knife set: hotukdeals.com/ite…-k/

a Leatherman multi-tool off ebay

Egyptian cotton towels

Home ornaments or kitchenware (pans, pots) from Next - they have some nice stuff

Original Poster

DangerGod;2302368

dunno i guess it kinda depends on the person to a degree. get them … dunno i guess it kinda depends on the person to a degree. get them something they will use everyday. ide get them a plant lol

Plants are usually a good idea, but he tends to go on short holidays an awful lot..

DangerGod;2302368

dunno i guess it kinda depends on the person to a degree. get them … dunno i guess it kinda depends on the person to a degree. get them something they will use everyday. ide get them a plant lol

Like this one?? :thumbsup:

http://www.cannabis-picture.com/DCP_0770.jpg

It'll be a great party then!

Banned

AugQX;2302384

knife set: … knife set: http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/197635/cuisinier-5-piece-stainless-steel-k/a Leatherman multi-tool off ebayEgyptian cotton towelsHome ornaments or kitchenware (pans, pots) from Next - they have some nice stuff

I love Next's home stuff, i want the picnic basket they have on sale at the moment.

I'm waiting for it to arrive on ebay, to get it cheaper though.

Original Poster

DLM;2302391

I love Next's home stuff, i want the picnic basket they have on sale at … I love Next's home stuff, i want the picnic basket they have on sale at the moment.I'm waiting for it to arrive on ebay, to get it cheaper though.

He's already got 2 leathermen's (he does a lot of work with cameras/filming for his job and sets up a lot of exhibitions) and a Victorianex (i think thats what its called) swiss army knife

Original Poster

LadyMadonna;2302388

Like this one?? :thumbsup:It'll be a great party then!

hahaha
good one :thumbsup:

How about a case of wine and a lovely chrome wine rack that he can put them in or hand him 2 some tickets to his favourite concert/ssport etc

Banned

A housewarming gift really should be something that will last and be for the house. I'd find it very odd for someone to turn up at my house and say 'Congrats on your new home, heres an ipod' :w00t::?

T.V licence

How about an electric fan .... hopefully for the extremely hot summer we're about to have :? [SIZE=7]?[/SIZE]

Banned

LadyMadonna;2302388

Like this one?? :thumbsup:It'll be a great party then!

haha no
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247552
    2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983225
    3. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1115
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769183

See more discussions