Good idea to buy Xbox 360 now?

Found 12th Oct 2017
As someone who is just fascinated by graphics, and doesn't care what latest games there are to play, is it a good idea to buy the Xbox 360 now (used or new if available)? Or should I just be willing to shell out a little bit more and get an Xbox one S in a black Friday deal?
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Hmmmnn, 12 year old technology or 1 year old technology... tough choice.
Edited by: "Babbabooey" 12th Oct 2017
deleted800342
It'll be cheap and fine for single player games, I'm not sure how long it'll be until publishers start retiring the servers/support for multiplayer games though.
Original Poster
deleted80034212th Oct 2017

It'll be cheap and fine for single player games, I'm not sure how long …It'll be cheap and fine for single player games, I'm not sure how long it'll be until publishers start retiring the servers/support for multiplayer games though.

Thanks mate, I am interested in multiplayer games. I'll just go for the Xbox one S. Thanks
I'd get an Xbox one S, you definitely won't need the Xbox one X as thats aimed at pro gamers and those who care more a power/graphics. If you get yourself a gold membership for the year, shop around can usually pick one up for under £30. That then will give 4 free games a month, 2 of which will be xbox 360 games but will be playable on the One.
I rarely buy games anymore now, still busy trying to finish some of the freebies, wait a year or two and those big games either end up free or very cheap. Love being the type not needing to play the latest games day one, save so much money.
The Xbox One being backwards compatible with the 360 means you will have a greater selection of games available to you. Should be able to pick up a cheap second hand standard Xbox One.
Original Poster
drewbles8213th Oct 2017

I'd get an Xbox one S, you definitely won't need the Xbox one X as thats …I'd get an Xbox one S, you definitely won't need the Xbox one X as thats aimed at pro gamers and those who care more a power/graphics. If you get yourself a gold membership for the year, shop around can usually pick one up for under £30. That then will give 4 free games a month, 2 of which will be xbox 360 games but will be playable on the One.I rarely buy games anymore now, still busy trying to finish some of the freebies, wait a year or two and those big games either end up free or very cheap. Love being the type not needing to play the latest games day one, save so much money.

Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army13th Oct 2017

The Xbox One being backwards compatible with the 360 means you will have a …The Xbox One being backwards compatible with the 360 means you will have a greater selection of games available to you. Should be able to pick up a cheap second hand standard Xbox One.

Thank you both for your very helpful posts. I think I will certainly go down the Xbox one S plus gold membership route. Thanks again, much appreciated. Not much of a price difference between new and used Xbox one S, so I am aiming to bag a bargain on black Friday.
No. Get a xbox one second hand.old games are cheap ! And backward is great too.and xbox one you can have many accounts on it with the same xbox live
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants