Good ideas for cheap freebies to put inside a parcel of products to mail to a customer?

Found 25th Feb 2016
Would you appreciate something like a small pack of sweets free with your order as a promo or something else perhaps?

Open to ideas.
Community Updates
24 Comments
I've received sweets in parcels before but theyve always gone in the bin.
How about a pen or coaster with your company name on?
A key ring or money off next purchase perhaps?
Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 25th Feb 2016
I got sweets from something I ordered was a bit different
stuarthanley

I've received sweets in parcels before but theyve always gone in the … I've received sweets in parcels before but theyve always gone in the bin.How about a pen or coaster with your company name on?

Not a bad idea. Why have you binned the sweets may I ask?
ck12111

Usually from a mutli-pack of lollies or boiled sweets. You don't know how long they've sat or where they've come from as there's no BBE or info etc
Edited by: "BeerDrinker" 25th Feb 2016
ck12111

Just something odd about eating sweets that you didn't order out of a parcel from a stranger.... Even if they're wrapped and sealed in a bag. I dunno, lol
chuckiedoll

A key ring or money off next purchase perhaps?

Key rings are expensive but money off I like
I really appreciate a 'thank you' note signed by hand when I buy from small online businesses. Not sure what the scale of your business is, so this might not be possible. It adds a 'real' connection between the recipient and yourself, which is usually absent with online shopping.

I've also had a couple of orders where the seller has sprayed a nice scent into the package before sending it, which was also lovely.

A well-designed business card is a must, too.
Definitely not sweets , as above I wonder how long they have been hanging around, also in the past I have received squashed mini chocs in marketing post at work, not nice, food stuff always goes in the bin. Things I keep, pens , always useful , post it notes, depends on if you are targeting business or personal customers. Money off voucher for next order, even simple laminated card coasters/ bookmarks if you are looking for something cheap.
I have gotten little packs of Haribo in packages before, I've never thought about the sat around for ages issue, I always thought its a nice little bonus.
Yeah I ordered some Hibiscrub in large quantities, box it came in had corrosive marked all around the outside, when I opened it I found some haribos sat on top of this five litre Hibiscrub container. Perhaps just hadn't thought it through but not a great impression, I d rather they just made it ten pence cheaper without the gimmick
All depends on what your business is OP.
If you are sweet shop, then sure free sweets would be appreciated. But if you are a funeral directors, then i think something else would be more appropriate
amis1975

All depends on what your business is OP.If you are sweet shop, then sure … All depends on what your business is OP.If you are sweet shop, then sure free sweets would be appreciated. But if you are a funeral directors, then i think something else would be more appropriate

I'm running a gift shop
ck12111

I'm running a gift shop

What sort of gifts?
custom shopping trolley coin on a keyring
amis1975

What sort of gifts?

All sorts- wallets, phone accessories, bracelets, bags.
ck12111

All sorts- wallets, phone accessories, bracelets, bags.

Could you PM me the website, I might buy some gifts to see the surprise
If you have stock then I would look at slow moving/surplus items in your warehouse, think about the value of the order, and then sling in a little extra item that probably wouldn't sell anyway.
Edited by: "termite" 25th Feb 2016
MarioMan

Could you PM me the website, I might buy some gifts to see the surprise

I certainly will as soon as I've finished it! 5 Days till launch Will appreciate the feedback as well
ck12111

I certainly will as soon as I've finished it! 5 Days till launch Will … I certainly will as soon as I've finished it! 5 Days till launch Will appreciate the feedback as well

Me too please!
One company i buy from encloses a small cloth bag of lavender.
Money is always a welcome gift

Anthrax?
Best I've had was from mucoff with loads (about half a dozen) of samples of products.
Most personal has been hand written thank you notes.
Best for marketing I've seen was a simple red piece of paper and a note about a freebie give away if you made a origami thing out of it.
Edit and posted a photo on social media

Edited by: "joedastudd" 25th Feb 2016
Ive had sweets before and thought the packer put them in by mistake while they were snacking at work! I am always happy to receive a pen, but not a crappy, scratchy, blue ballpoint. I think rubbish freebies are more insulting than nothing. If you can get some fine line black roller ball pens cheap in bulk, they would be great! Or what about something unusual that they are very likely to keep for a long time and might not have already - eg. a letter opener? A lot of people don't own them but they are so handy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants