Good indoor security camera (no subscription)

Found 27th Feb
Hi!
I am looking for an indoor camera I can set up so that when we are away, I can keep an eye on the cats (and spot any unwanted intruders).

I really like the look of the Nest camera (as we also have the thermostat and the fire alarm), but this one seems quite useless if you don't pay the £8/month subscription!

So I was wondering if there were any other good cameras out there, preferably ones that don't require you to subscribe (so maybe save to SD card for example)? I was looking at the EZVIZ C6T Mini 360 Plus, but the reviews on Amazon kind of put me off, saying it is difficult/impossible to connect to WiFi.

Do people have any experience with a good indoor camera? Thanks!
Community Updates
AskElectronics
9 Comments
Xiaomi Dafang around £20.
Yi Dome camera
shadey124 h, 59 m ago

+1

i been looking in for camera,is it secure
Original Poster
veedubjai16 h, 8 m ago

Xiaomi Dafang around £20.

People seem to mention though that it only has Chinese language and you need to connect to a Chinese server... Not sure that would make it very user friendly.
Eenuh4 m ago

People seem to mention though that it only has Chinese language and you …People seem to mention though that it only has Chinese language and you need to connect to a Chinese server... Not sure that would make it very user friendly.

Choose China servers once you first downloaded & install the HiHome app. The latest version is English.
Original Poster
Thanks. I had a look on Gearbest but apparently it will take more than 20 days to ship, which is too long (need it sooner than that).
Think I'll just have to have a look on Amazon again!
You could use an old phone as CCTV Have a look here
Edited by: "MT2045" 28th Feb
Blink or Logitech circle? Depends what you want to do.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants