Groups

Good integrated Fibre modem router?

Hi, is there a particularly good/solid modem router combination for Fibre broadband? I'm currently with EE and finding their supplied BrightBox 2 modem/router to be a bit slow after a period of time and needing a reset every week or so. Also finding pings aren't great. I had recently switched from BT Infinity where I was on the HomeHub 5 and that was a bit faster/more stable, but naturally can't use the HomeHub with EE.

I still have the old white Fibre modem from when I first joined BT Fibre which used to connect to the Home Hub 3, so using that plus a standard router is potentially an option, although I don't know how easy it is to set up on EE and would prefer the ease of a combined fibre modem/router.

Any help would be much appreciated.

3 Comments

I have the TP Link Archer VR200 and loving it, they do a bigger, faster Wifi model as well, but there have been a couple of overheating reports about it.

My VR200 reports my line is capable of over 100Mbps and gives me 79.995, the BT modem it replaced gave me 76.

Best thing is, it is also an ADSL 2+ modem as well, AND can handle a 3G dongle connection, so one router for 3 different ways of connecting.

The Best is Asus DSL-AC68U router

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml?
    Edited by moderator: "Nov 29, 2016 15:42" 29th Nov 2016

uameer

The Best is Asus DSL-AC68U … The Best is Asus DSL-AC68U routerhttp://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/network-routers-and-switches/routers/asus-dsl-ac68u-wireless-modem-router-10026294-pdt.html?

A good router, now they seem to have sorted out the memory related slowdown problems, but it is about twice the price (or was the last time I looked), for something that isnt really any better than the VR200.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does anyone have a spare code from the inside of a Kellogg's cereal box for…23
      2. Hi Wonder if anyone can help...I urgently need to buy a laptop today , up t…11
      3. Why do my deal votes go up or down by 2° on each vote?11
      4. HUKD new UI77

See more discussions