Good iron

Found 24th Jan
Help. I need a new iron mine has just packed in. Can anyone
recommend a good one/brand. My iron was awful tbh and so I'm glad I'm having to buy a new one ! Also don't really want to spend more than £40

Thanks in advance
Jo
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
I prefer a steam generator to an iron. It makes ironing so much easier/faster
jamkhan4 m ago

I prefer a steam generator to an iron. It makes ironing so much …I prefer a steam generator to an iron. It makes ironing so much easier/faster

Ok thanks I will look into that. I'm not a fan of ironing (who is) and so anything to make my life easier
Both Debenhams and Argos have some 50% off. Personally I like Morphy Richards but would go for one with a wattage of 2500-2800
Toptrumpet2 m ago

Both Debenhams and Argos have some 50% off. Personally I like Morphy …Both Debenhams and Argos have some 50% off. Personally I like Morphy Richards but would go for one with a wattage of 2500-2800

Love a discount Thanks I will have a look now. Also had no idea about the wattage lol
I assume the higher the wattage the quicker and hotter it will get and make the steam more constant
Have a look at the polti ebay store, often good deals on steam generator irons on there and polti is so good
jase.24 m ago

Have a look at the polti ebay store, often good deals on steam generator …Have a look at the polti ebay store, often good deals on steam generator irons on there and polti is so good

Thanks I will look now at these
Steam is the way to go, our house was litter with the dead bodies of irons that promise the earth but only gave us trouble.
My recommendations
Russell Hobbs Supreme 2400w £18.99 at Currys or £17 at Wilkinsons
Russell Hobbs Colour Control 2600w £29.99 at Argos.
Morphy Richards Turbosteam 3100w £39.00 at Currys
Based on Brand, wattage and price
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 24th Jan
Toptrumpet40 m ago

My recommendationsRussell Hobbs Supreme 2400w £18.99 at Currys or £17 at W …My recommendationsRussell Hobbs Supreme 2400w £18.99 at Currys or £17 at WilkinsonsRussell Hobbs Colour Control 2600w £29.99 at Argos. Morphy Richards Turbosteam 3100w £39.00 at CurrysBased on Brand, wattage and price

Wow thanks so much for doing that, it really helps !(cheeky)
4TheManyNotTheFew24th Jan

Steam is the way to go, our house was litter with the dead bodies of irons …Steam is the way to go, our house was litter with the dead bodies of irons that promise the earth but only gave us trouble.

I've had such an awful iron for years I'm excited to use one that's good!
jojo_862 m ago

I've had such an awful iron for years I'm excited to use one that's … I've had such an awful iron for years I'm excited to use one that's good!

Steam makes it easy, you can even just leave things on the hanger and blast them with steam. Some people even iron curtains after hanging them up form the dryer.
4TheManyNotTheFew24th Jan

Steam makes it easy, you can even just leave things on the hanger and …Steam makes it easy, you can even just leave things on the hanger and blast them with steam. Some people even iron curtains after hanging them up form the dryer.

I use the steamer in work a lot on clothes so having one at home will be fab! Oh the little things hey lol
Absolutely agree with getting a steam generator. I've had mine about three years and I'd never go back to an iron. It is much more efficient and way lighter. I had trouble with my elbow at the time and my old iron was really heavy which made it very painful for me to use. Don't ask me what make it is though, honestly have no clue. It was reduced to clear in Asda.
psychobitchfromhell13 m ago

Absolutely agree with getting a steam generator. I've had mine about three …Absolutely agree with getting a steam generator. I've had mine about three years and I'd never go back to an iron. It is much more efficient and way lighter. I had trouble with my elbow at the time and my old iron was really heavy which made it very painful for me to use. Don't ask me what make it is though, honestly have no clue. It was reduced to clear in Asda.

I've never even thought of one until now! They sound fab. So glad I posted on here or God knows what I would have bought lol
jojo_862 m ago

I've never even thought of one until now! They sound fab. So glad I posted …I've never even thought of one until now! They sound fab. So glad I posted on here or God knows what I would have bought lol

Get one. They're brilliant.
If you’re now looking at getting a steam generator one, look on Amazon. If fulfilled by Amazon get £10 off a £50 spend today only, using code BIGTHANKS
Toptrumpet31 m ago

If you’re now looking at getting a steam generator one, look on Amazon. If …If you’re now looking at getting a steam generator one, look on Amazon. If fulfilled by Amazon get £10 off a £50 spend today only, using code BIGTHANKS

That's fab! I'll get looking now, what a great discount
I don’t need a good iron, I’m after any old iron!
i rarely do the ironing as i hate ironing, but on the rare occasion that i have had to do so, i struggle with the steam iron and the clothes always end up with wet patches like the dog has wee on it!

i don't know what i am doing wrong as the iron works fine for others who use it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants