Good lime jucie that tastes fresh and natural.

Posted 11th Nov
Basically I need lime juice for a concoction that's very sour and tastes Like fresh squeezed limes and that doesn't leave an unpleasant taste. Not like the cheap lidl or morrisons ones.

The concoction which I highly recommend is fresh squeezed lime juice with chilli powder and a pinch of salt. Should be orange or red in colour and its to die for.

Any recommendations would be highly appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Why not just buy a bag of limes from the supermarket for £1 or whatever they cost and just squeeze them yourself? You won't get any fresher like juice than that.
So if you don’t want lime juice and don’t want to squeeze your own limes then your out of luck for getting lime juice!
alex_jamez11/11/2019 21:40

Too long and not enough yeild

Too long? It takes a couple of seconds to squeeze a lime.

38961796-GuwKu.jpg

38961796-FjpBM.jpg

It sounds like you are over-complicating this, either just buy some limes and get squeezing or pick up a bottle of lime juice from the supermarket. No need to overthink things.
23 Comments
Lazy lime is okay if you can get hold of it
Dannyrobbo11/11/2019 20:43

Lazy lime is okay if you can get hold of it

Honestly I'm looking for something that tastes like fresh squeezed lime. Btw try the concoction.
Lemonade
Tesco Lime juice is good.
alex_jamez11/11/2019 20:48

Honestly I'm looking for something that tastes like fresh squeezed lime. …Honestly I'm looking for something that tastes like fresh squeezed lime. Btw try the concoction.

that’s exactly what lazy lime is, lime juice.
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 11th Nov
Why not just buy a bag of limes from the supermarket for £1 or whatever they cost and just squeeze them yourself? You won't get any fresher like juice than that.
Haircut_10011/11/2019 21:37

Why not just buy a bag of limes from the supermarket for £1 or whatever …Why not just buy a bag of limes from the supermarket for £1 or whatever they cost and just squeeze them yourself? You won't get any fresher like juice than that.

alex_jamez11/11/2019 21:40

Too long? It takes a couple of seconds to squeeze a lime.

38961796-GuwKu.jpg

38961796-FjpBM.jpg

It sounds like you are over-complicating this, either just buy some limes and get squeezing or pick up a bottle of lime juice from the supermarket. No need to overthink things.
Haircut_10011/11/2019 21:43

Too long? It takes a couple of seconds to squeeze a lime. Too long? It takes a couple of seconds to squeeze a lime. [Image] [Image] It sounds like you are over-complicating this, either just buy some limes and get squeezing or pick up a bottle of lime juice from the supermarket. No need to overthink things.

Yes sir.
So if you don’t want lime juice and don’t want to squeeze your own limes then your out of luck for getting lime juice!
tom2kadd111/11/2019 22:39

So if you don’t want lime juice and don’t want to squeeze your own limes th …So if you don’t want lime juice and don’t want to squeeze your own limes then your out of luck for getting lime juice!

Okay my man point was that squeezing my own limes would give too little yeild. I'm just looking for not from concentrating good fresh lime juice.
alex_jamez11/11/2019 22:45

Okay my man point was that squeezing my own limes would give too little …Okay my man point was that squeezing my own limes would give too little yeild. I'm just looking for not from concentrating good fresh lime juice.

we don’t grow our own limes and there’s not a market for fresh lime juice so you will only get from concentrate juice. Buy your own juicer or buy juice from concentrate
alex_jamez11/11/2019 22:45

Okay my man point was that squeezing my own limes would give too little …Okay my man point was that squeezing my own limes would give too little yeild. I'm just looking for not from concentrating good fresh lime juice.

Just out of interest, where do you think that not-from-concentrate fresh lime juice is going to come from? Because I'm pretty sure it's going to come from someone in a factory somewhere taking some fresh limes and squeezing them with a machine or squeezer. There's no magic lime fairy that conjures up fresh lime juice ready in bottles out of thin air.
Haircut_10011/11/2019 23:09

Just out of interest, where do you think that not-from-concentrate fresh …Just out of interest, where do you think that not-from-concentrate fresh lime juice is going to come from? Because I'm pretty sure it's going to come from someone in a factory somewhere taking some fresh limes and squeezing them with a machine or squeezer. There's no magic lime fairy that conjures up fresh lime juice ready in bottles out of thin air.

He's probably well aware of that, he probably wants it for cheaper than the lime juice he gets if he squeezes them himself.
38964094-Ce8Xh.jpg
The only place I've seen actual fresh chilled lime juice was in Selfridges and that was from sundancepartners.com/ who are based in New Covent Garden fruit market in London and mainly supply bars and restaurants.

You may also like to look at Funkin as they produce long-life juices and purees used by bars for cocktails so are probably closer to what you are looking for funkincocktails.co.uk/pur…ce/
Nope funkin = dross where lime is concerned.

& the OP has spent so long procrastinating on the internet here that they could have squeezed some limes by now.
if real limes = too much hassle& concentrate is not good enough.
Then you need to get real with real limes until something "better" (lazier) pops up!
Have never found a decent substitute for real limes, if it is worth the bother then its worth juicing & measuring / logging the requirements for whatever it is you are aiming for.
Haircut_10011/11/2019 23:09

Just out of interest, where do you think that not-from-concentrate fresh …Just out of interest, where do you think that not-from-concentrate fresh lime juice is going to come from? Because I'm pretty sure it's going to come from someone in a factory somewhere taking some fresh limes and squeezing them with a machine or squeezer. There's no magic lime fairy that conjures up fresh lime juice ready in bottles out of thin air.

Omg seriously the lime fairy isn’t real
Mr_Gus12/11/2019 10:37

Nope funkin = dross where lime is concerned.& the OP has spent so long …Nope funkin = dross where lime is concerned.& the OP has spent so long procrastinating on the internet here that they could have squeezed some limes by now.if real limes = too much hassle& concentrate is not good enough.Then you need to get real with real limes until something "better" (lazier) pops up!Have never found a decent substitute for real limes, if it is worth the bother then its worth juicing & measuring / logging the requirements for whatever it is you are aiming for.

My main point is the price. It would be cheaper for companies to make it because they can sell the remains and because of bulk discounts.
alex_jamez12/11/2019 19:36

My main point is the price. It would be cheaper for companies to make it …My main point is the price. It would be cheaper for companies to make it because they can sell the remains and because of bulk discounts.

But if there isn't the market for it and people aren't buying it then there is no point making it. Its not cheaper for them to make it if no-one wants to buy it.
Very few people want fresh not-from-concentrate lime juice, those who do are probably buying from small juice wholesalers (such as Sundance who I mentioned before) or the chefs are getting their lowest paid kitchen staff to squeeze it for them. Everyone else either squeezes into the drink at the bar or uses pre-made cocktail stuff.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions