Good mobile for poor reception area?

Found 15th Oct 2012
Hi

I live in a rural area with poor phone reception. I'm trying to find a phone that has better than average reception if there is such a thing. Only need a basic phone to make phone calls and receive texts.

thanks

12 Comments

I always found O2 was the best for coverage outside of cities. Orange is very poor and Vodafone not far behind.

That's definitely the case in Norfolk.

I'm on Vodafone in a semi rural area, Vodafone and o2 are the best - with o2 being the overall winner me thinks!

Get a Nokia

If you live in yorkshire or further north than that forget vodafone, everytime I used to step foot into yorkshire I'd have no service until I left.

O2 has the best signal overall. You could always try siganl strength in your area by getting free sim cards from the different providers and see which works best for you.

I think the op is asking whether there are phones that have improved reception over others, not providers.

Google 'best mobile for weak signal areas'

wirelessforums.org/uk-…tml

Edited by: "greg_68" 15th Oct 2012

greg_68

I think the op is asking whether there are phones that have improved … I think the op is asking whether there are phones that have improved reception over other not providers.

That's why i said get a nokia.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/972/giforiginalnokiahands.gif
Edited by: "THRILLER-DEEJAY" 15th Oct 2012

THRILLER-DEEJAY

Yeah Nokias are pretty good for reception.

Combine with an 02 sim for maximum enjoyment ;-)

Do you have any neighbours/friends that you could ask or test from your house?

Original Poster

Thanks for the help. I was asking if there is a mobile phone with better than average reception. I'm in a contract with three at the moment but I have tried sims for all providers and none work well in my area.

THRILLER-DEEJAY

what@s with the Jimmy Saville thing Thriller?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants