Groups

good moisturiser for combination skin?

anyone got any recommendations? not too expensive though. best ive found up to now is nivea soft but fancy trying a different one

26 Comments

I recently tried Garnier Hydralock ( half price in tesco ! )
    I was very impressed with it and for a cheapish price tag well worth checking out .
    I normally use dior hydra life which is fabulous but is a little pricey

Banned

Avon is good and also Boots No7.

Original Poster

DLM;8178208

Avon is good and also Boots No7.

i was thinking of no7, but ive used the facewash and didnt think it was anything special. not tried the avon ones

I used to use nivea soft. I've recenlty moved onto the Vitamin E intensive from the Body Shop and am finding that really good. Not the cheapest but a tiny bit goes a long way so not too bad.

Banned

donna-lou;8178225

i was thinking of no7, but ive used the facewash and didnt think it was … i was thinking of no7, but ive used the facewash and didnt think it was anything special. not tried the avon ones

avonshop.co.uk/sho…=96

Original Poster

DLM;8178418

http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.asp?line=21071&from=ibrochure&pagenum=96

cheers dlm! may give that a go next time we get a catalogue

Does you skin go oily a few hours after putting on your foundation? I use Boots No7 Balanced Results Day Sorbet and its fantastic. Spent a fortune trying a load of others.

I am sure I have a £5 off voucher as its about £16 - let me go check and if I have will post it on to you if u like

yip, got a voucher - it expires on 28th - this Sunday

Original Poster

bossyboots;8178532

Does you skin go oily a few hours after putting on your foundation? I … Does you skin go oily a few hours after putting on your foundation? I use Boots No7 Balanced Results Day Sorbet and its fantastic. Spent a fortune trying a load of others.I am sure I have a £5 off voucher as its about £16 - let me go check and if I have will post it on to you if u likeyip, got a voucher - it expires on 28th - this Sunday

my skin goes oily about an hour after ive washed it, and thats before ive put foundation on!
    we have one of the vouchers but due to work i wont be down the town in time to use it.
    cheers for the offer bossy, have some rep for being so kind

oil of olay is good

Original Poster

Linzilou81;8178639

oil of olay is good

im using the oil of olay tinted moisturiser during the day as its not as heavy as foundation if that counts? :-D

I have tried loads of things and finally the combination of using that day sorbet moisturiser - and this mineral foundation elizabethardenpurefinish.co.uk/ I can go about 4 hours before the shine kicks in and a quick touch up with the mineral powder keeps me goin now for another 4 hours. The woman at the Elizabeth Arden counter told me to brush my face lightly with normal face powder, then apply the mineral stuff - and its just great

Bit pricey but worth it - think it was nearly £40 for the brush and powder

Banned

^^whats combination skin.................yes iam a man:?

Original Poster

bossyboots;8178694

I have tried loads of things and finally the combination of using that … I have tried loads of things and finally the combination of using that day sorbet moisturiser - and this mineral foundation http://www.elizabethardenpurefinish.co.uk/ I can go about 4 hours before the shine kicks in and a quick touch up with the mineral powder keeps me goin now for another 4 hours. The woman at the Elizabeth Arden counter told me to brush my face lightly with normal face powder, then apply the mineral stuff - and its just greatBit pricey but worth it - think it was nearly £40 for the brush and powder

i could never imagine mine lasting 4 hours. ive just bought a no7 powder to try once my old one has ran out. ive tried the mattifying creams you use before make up to stop shine but nothing works, i just make sure i have my powder in my bag and touch up every so often

Banned

donna-lou;8178460

cheers dlm! may give that a go next time we get a catalogue

Code NHS for 10% off and 10% quidco.

They usually have offers like spend so much and get a free gift.

You can get a free brochure here:-

avonshop.co.uk/sho…asp

Original Poster

RFC;8178754

^^whats combination skin.................yes iam a man:?

its where you have oily skin but still get dry patches, and its a right royal pain in the butt

Original Poster

DLM;8178773

Code NHS for 10% off and 10% quidco.They usually have offers like spend … Code NHS for 10% off and 10% quidco.They usually have offers like spend so much and get a free gift.You can get a free brochure here:-http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/request_brochure.asp

we do get the avon but waiting on the new catalogue at the minute

Banned

donna-lou;8178778

its where you have oily skin but still get dry patches, and its a right … its where you have oily skin but still get dry patches, and its a right royal pain in the butt

dry patches .........iam out:thumbsup:

Banned

donna-lou;8178782

we do get the avon but waiting on the new catalogue at the minute

I used to be an Avon rep.

I loved it, you should become one and sell it at work etc...

I use the v old fashioned one, that came in the pink or white bottle. Find it to be good! hth

Original Poster

DLM;8178793

I used to be an Avon rep.I loved it, you should become one and sell it at … I used to be an Avon rep.I loved it, you should become one and sell it at work etc...

i would but theres already someone doing it there, cant go stealing her customers can i

Banned

donna-lou;8178807

i would but theres already someone doing it there, cant go stealing her … i would but theres already someone doing it there, cant go stealing her customers can i

I thought they might get browsing and ordering.

I am tempted to order yet again.

Please tie my hands behind my back :-D

Original Poster

Linzilou81;8178805

I use the v old fashioned one, that came in the pink or white bottle. … I use the v old fashioned one, that came in the pink or white bottle. Find it to be good! hth

all the 'traditional' stuff is meant to be the best apparantly! i remember my mam using it when i was little

Original Poster

DLM;8178819

I thought they might get browsing and ordering.I am tempted to order yet … I thought they might get browsing and ordering.I am tempted to order yet again.Please tie my hands behind my back :-D

i'll leave that to your fella haha :w00t:

Banned

Linzilou81;8178805

I use the v old fashioned one, that came in the pink or white bottle. … I use the v old fashioned one, that came in the pink or white bottle. Find it to be good! hth

I would never use Olay.

This is the reason why:-

uncaged.co.uk/new…htm

Banned

donna-lou;8178836

i'll leave that to your fella haha :w00t:

I won't give him any ideas

donna-lou;8178824

all the 'traditional' stuff is meant to be the best apparantly! i … all the 'traditional' stuff is meant to be the best apparantly! i remember my mam using it when i was little

Yeah thats where i knew it from! lol Mums know best and all that!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions