Good news for anyone who ordered GTA IV from HMV......

18 replies
Found 23rd Apr 2008
Hi Jack

Thank you for your recent order of Grand Theft Auto IV. We're sure you're looking forward to this Tuesday as much as we are.

We've got some great news. To guarantee you receive your copy on time, we'll now be sending it by Royal Mail Special Delivery.

And don't worry, there's no additional charge for this. We just want to make sure you're amongst the first to get your hands on the hottest game of the year.

Please remember that your delivery will need to be signed for. If the postman can't get a signature, you'll always be able to collect it from your local sorting office.

If you have any questions, as always, feel free to contact us.

Many thanks!

Games Dept,
hmv.com

Good News, at least we know we will have it 100% on Release

18 Comments

Very cool

not such good news if your not there all day, and have to collect it from sortin office next day lol

Yeh cos Royal Mail,most of the sorting offices are only open till about 1pm,what about people who work,considering most people get their mail after they gone to work.Ours come at 10am.

I haven't got that email and I ordered it from HMV...

I got the same e-mail too! :-D Roll on Tuesday...

Am i right in assuming its being sent on monday then?

thats bad news for folk the aren't in.

hopefully GAME send it a day early

Thats good service that is!

Our sorting office closes at 6.30pm.

Original Poster

Bump for anyone who missed it

Alfonse;1955636

Our sorting office closes at 6.30pm.

Ours too.

This is strange, just got another e-mail today;

it's on its way
free uk delivery

Dear STUART,

Your order is in the post, and should be with you soon. In case you need them, here are the details:

Qty Format Artist Title Price Estimated Delivery
1 HC XBOX 360 GAME GRAND THEFT AUTO 4 (GTA IV) £39.99 2-5 days

So does this mean I will get my copy tomorrow? :w00t: Considering they sent me the e-mail, that says "we will be sending it via royal mail special delivery" I hope so :w00t:

XxS7U4R7xX;1959116

This is strange, just got another e-mail today;it's on its way free uk … This is strange, just got another e-mail today;it's on its way free uk deliveryDear STUART,Your order is in the post, and should be with you soon. In case you need them, here are the details:Qty Format Artist Title Price Estimated Delivery1 HC XBOX 360 GAME GRAND THEFT AUTO 4 (GTA IV) £39.99 2-5 daysSo does this mean I will get my copy tomorrow? :w00t: Considering they sent me the e-mail, that says "we will be sending it via royal mail special delivery" I hope so :w00t:

did you get the game?

in$anity;1968167

did you get the game?

No... : ( but I did get another e-mail today, with a tracking number. I'll check it now, as it said come back later, I kinda checked it about 5 times today :whistling:

I'm hoping to get it for tomorrow I suppose.

Edit, this is the answer I get : (

Special Delivery™ 9am items are first tracked when they reached our mail centre. This may be late in the evening on the day the item was sent.

Information on your item is not yet available online.

So maybe Monday then, oh well I can wait.

Banned

my play.com was shipped today aswell hopefully monday!

Proximo;1969236

my play.com was shipped today aswell hopefully monday!

are play sending them out recorded/special delivery?

If they're not you'll be lucky to get it for launch if it was posted today

IGN have posted their review and review of GTA4 and it states that the PS3 version is infact superior. It states:

PS3 version has better AA
Ps3 version has faster loading times (due to install on hhd)
ps3 version has alot less popups than 360
ps3 version has better frame rate and loads textures faster than 360 version.

But reviewer states these are minor things and gives the game a ...

10/10 - The first 10/10 given in the last 10 years by IGN unlike other sites that hand them out every 3 months. This proves that GTA 4 is probabaly the best game of this generation and the reviewer says it the best game hes ever played.

Banned

souljacker;1969250

are play sending them out recorded/special delivery?If they're not you'll … are play sending them out recorded/special delivery?If they're not you'll be lucky to get it for launch if it was posted today

I didn't get a tracking number so I assume not.....but then again I ordered the special edition which I would think is too big to send by regular postage so idk
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75857
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions