Groups

Good News on Brexit!

Tory remainer pays big price for Brexit attacks

Tory MPs have punished Anna Soubry, the pro-EU former business minister, for disloyalty by rejecting her attempts to join the parliamentary committee that will scrutinise Brexit.

thetimes.co.uk/edi…8fl

9 Comments

surely a remainer is exactly the right person to scrutinise it? or at least a balance?
    or is just a blind rubber stamper better?

Edited by: "brilly" 27th Oct 2016

Original Poster

brilly

surely a remainder is exactly the right person to scrutinise it? or at … surely a remainder is exactly the right person to scrutinise it? or at least a balance?or is just a blind rubber stamper better?

I agree with you on this, but she would not be the right person for the job.

She comes across as really arrogant and was principle exponent in all the pre election threats that backfired so catastrophically
    So yeah a good choice

I've always found in business that people who can present the case against something are invaluable in reaching the right conclusion.

In politics I believe rigorous scrutiny is the hallmark of a strong democracy, having been fortunate to be brought up with strong British values.

Edited by: "HotEnglishAndWelshDeals" 27th Oct 2016

Original Poster

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

I've always found in business that people who can present the case … I've always found in business that people who can present the case against something are invaluable in reaching the right conclusion. In politics I believe rigorous scrutiny is the hallmark of a strong democracy, having been fortunate to be brought up with strong British values.

I fully agree with you. In everything that is going to make a major change for the nation there needs to be a devil's advocate to put forward possible outcomes that those proposing the venture might overlook. Unfortunately Anna Soubry was one of the most objectionable Remainers. I listened to many of the debates on the subject, but found she was the least reasonable person whenever she appeared.
    Edited by: "Predikuesi" 27th Oct 2016

I agree if someone else was there Adam would not have eaten the apple and........wait wasn't there a serpent and a woman?
    Edited by: "sowotsdis" 27th Oct 2016

brilly

or is just a blind rubber stamper better?

Like the MEP's you mean.

123thisisme

Like the MEP's you mean.

Straight to the point & 100% true.

No political party (except UKIP) is in favour of Brexit so therefor cannot be trusted to follow the democratic will of the electorate.

Has she sobered up yet?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?11
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2957
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764181
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846148

See more discussions