Groups

Good night out in Scotland....

My neice is asking where in Scotland is good for a night out, any suggestions welcome.
    It's for her 21st birthday and she likes a good drink and a dance so anywhere with a good nightclub scene.
    Glasgow is an obvious one, but she goes out there sometimes anyway so looking a bit further afield.
    They were planning on going to Newcastle but are a bit skint now so looks like they will be staying in good old Scotland.

Thanks in advance people, rep will be left for all good ideas!

8 Comments

Edinburgh is awesome, Rose Street you really cant go wrong, friendly people and beautiful city, forget Glasgow !

Aberdeens good, my home city, obv I hate it tho, but plenty to do.

Try some place smaller - like Fort William, Ayr, Largs, Gourock, Girvan, Burntisland, St Andrews - as there is masses of accommodation and its outwith the normal tourist season (which died about 1970) - but it would make a change from a city. Also most are within an hour of the central belt.

Defo Edinburgh

I just noticed the nightclub bit - so forget Largs.

If she is looking for somewhere inexpensive with nightclubs she would be best going to places with many students - so avoiding the main two, Ayr, Dundee, Falkirk, Stirling etc.

Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions so far! :thumbsup:

Banned

picss?

ibiza;5005393

I just noticed the nightclub bit - so forget Largs.If she is looking for … I just noticed the nightclub bit - so forget Largs.If she is looking for somewhere inexpensive with nightclubs she would be best going to places with many students - so avoiding the main two, Ayr, Dundee, Falkirk, Stirling etc.

I wouldn't go to Stirling or Falkirk, Stirling has one main club and quite a few pubs, Falkirk has one decent club which isn't long opened and a few smaller ones, usually see a bit of trouble at them to be honest.

I'd stick with Edinburgh, plenty of bars/pubs to be had (Rose St., Grassmarket, etc.), and there's plenty of clubs on offer too, quite a few on George Street, although it can be a bit pricey. There's always Lothian Road Subway if you want to go downmarket!!! b:thumbsup:

yeah i was a student in edinburgh for 4 years, and i have to say enjoyed it immensly..............loads of pubs and you have a big range of cheesy clubs to dance club so something to suit everyone
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814507
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553811
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767507
      4. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....68

See more discussions