Groups

Good office chair for disabled person?

I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for an office chair for someone who has had some discs removed in their lower spine (L5-S1) and had complications during the surgery leaving them paralysed below the waist and with large amounts of back pain. They work from home 8+ hours a day and their current chair is a cheap swivel chair with no real support and it's uncomfortable and not really suitable, leaving them in a lot more pain every day they work in it. Does anyone have any recommendations?

4 Comments

disabledliving.co.uk/Home plus if there's anything similar or local try Disabilities Living Centre. also their own Occupational Therapist will be able to offer advice.

Original Poster

philphil61

http://www.disabledliving.co.uk/Home plus if there's anything similar or … http://www.disabledliving.co.uk/Home plus if there's anything similar or local try Disabilities Living Centre. also their own Occupational Therapist will be able to offer advice.

Thanks for the link and the advice, we hadn't thought of the OT. I'll take a look.

OT is a really good shout. Although working from home is your friend an employee. If so, then the employer has some obligations still.

Original Poster

tardytortoise

OT is a really good shout. Although working from home is your friend an … OT is a really good shout. Although working from home is your friend an employee. If so, then the employer has some obligations still.

Self-Employed unfortunately so that's a no go.But still it means bringing in a wage without need for benefits so that's not too bad.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1828
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047107
      3. Has anyone purchased tickets from ViaGoGo or Seatwave? 138255
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927359

See more discussions