Good online Euro account

LocalFound 22nd Jul 2012
Can anyone advise me on a good Euro account I could operate online? I'm a UK resident and taxpayer, but working and living overseas and paid in Euros - I know it sounds like Auf Wiedersehen, Pet. I want to be paid to a UK Euro account so I don't lose out on the current exchange rate and charges. Anyone with any experience?
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
Haifax says this credit card account has no fees when using it worldwide but not too sure if they let you open an account with euros LINK. So you could maybe open a main account just using Euros (if Halifax lets you have an account wiht Euors) and having this as an add on when buying.
Edited by: "noddle36" 22nd Jul 2012
@noddle36. Thanks, I'll check Halifax out.
hifx.co.uk/

reading on some sharedealing sites, that one seems to be highly recommended
@joe999: Thanks. I'm not sure this is the one for me. I just need an account to receive the money in Euros and I can withdraw/transfer at will. Does HiFX permit this? I'm looking for a High Street bank where I can walk in and withdraw the Euros when I need them.
Not to sure which ones best but make sure you have a branch near you in the country you are working in. Most banks have an international branch finder.
citibank
@loulou11 - Thanks, sadly not in Montenegro.
@mutley1 - Thanks, Citibank has caught my eye and am looking into the possibility when I get back to UK for a stint. Again no branch here.
have you looked at something like http://www.currenciesdirect.com/

you can keep it in there and transfer when the rate is at a satisfactory amount
@casparwhite - thanks, Caspar, excellent tip for just what I needed. I'm making contact with them.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants