Groups

Good PC Build

New to building PCs this can run BF1 and overwatch as far as I can tell.
    Monitior: ASUS VS228DE Widescreen Full HD LED Monitor (1920 x 1080, 1080p, 5 ms, VGA) - 21.5 inch, Black
    CPU

AMD FX-6350 3.9GHz 6-Core Processor
    £106.50 £106.50 Aria PC

CPU Cooler

CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler
    £36.45 £3.95 £40.40 CCL Computers

Motherboard

Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
    £75.01 £3.49 £78.50 BT Shop

Memory

G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    £46.19 Free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime £46.19 Amazon UK

Buy

Storage

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    £42.98 Free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime £42.98 Amazon UK

Add Additional Storage
    Video Card

Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 4GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card
    £104.86 FREE £104.86 More Computers

NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case
    £59.98 Free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime £59.98 Amazon UK

Power Supply

Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    £46.96 £46.96 Ebuyer

Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

Software

McAfee Internet Security 2016 (1 Year Subscription) Software

Add Additional Software

6 Comments

Put all your components in PC Part Picker to get an idea of compatibility of everything if you haven't already. Check out Reddit's r/buildapc for some good advice as well. in terms of your monitor that 5ms refresh time might give you a the slightest of disadvantages in games like BF1 and Overwatch.

If you can stretch to an RX480, I belive you'd be future proofed for future titles as well as be able to run BF1 and Overwatch at a higher quality setting.
    Edited by: "jamesakrong" 14th Feb

Should work well. Couple of things to note:

1. Get an ssd it makes such a huge difference on loading OS and games.

2. The fx 6350 total cost is nearly 220 including mobo and cooler. If your keen on a gaming build is go for i3 skylake or kabylake it's simply better per core and therefore for gaming. The new 4560 pentium is also an excellent choice and much cheaper. You can get a motherboard and i3 for 140 which is very decent.

The extra cooler is not needed for stock unless you're planning to overclock. A hyper 213 is a decent alternative for 20-25

3. Wait for ryzen, it's 2 -4 weeks away. And can change pricing dramatically.

4. Get a better gpu and a worse CPU, it's the former that matters. An i3/ rx 470 is a good option

jamesakrong

Put all your components in PC Part Picker

Given the formatting this is copy and pasted from PCPartPicker or a similar site already.

Ryzen leaks suggest the initial release is starting at £130 for an i5 equivalent, so we may not see much shake up of the £100 and less market for another few months. I'd definitely suggest ditching the five year of FX-6350 in favour of a cheaper and faster G4560 for gaming though.

You may also want to dial back on the expensive CPU cooler if you switch as it's not going to affect the computer's performance.

You need a retail copy if you're building this for yourself, OEM licences are for PCs that are being sold. The difference in price is minimal these days though.

I'd upgrade your monitor to a 23/24" Freesync screen. It's a good improvement for not much more money.

The rest of it looks ok, obviously the G4560 supports higher bandwidth and cheaper DDR4 memory instead.

True, but the rest of the info is pretty valid imo.

EndlessWaves

Given the formatting this is copy and pasted from PCPartPicker or a … Given the formatting this is copy and pasted from PCPartPicker or a similar site already.Ryzen leaks suggest the initial release is starting at £130 for an i5 equivalent, so we may not see much shake up of the £100 and less market for another few months. I'd definitely suggest ditching the five year of FX-6350 in favour of a cheaper and faster G4560 for gaming though.You may also want to dial back on the expensive CPU cooler if you switch as it's not going to affect the computer's performance.You need a retail copy if you're building this for yourself, OEM licences are for PCs that are being sold. The difference in price is minimal these days though.I'd upgrade your monitor to a 23/24" Freesync screen. It's a good improvement for not much more money.The rest of it looks ok, obviously the G4560 supports higher bandwidth and cheaper DDR4 memory instead.

You can use an oem license, as long as it's not activated before it will work fine

If you want to go for the 6350 then just buy used for less then £60. Wouldn't touch such an old chip brand new. Spend the extra on the gpu where it'll make a difference graphically
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      2. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324
      4. Win a two day trip to Greenwich with VisitLondon22

See more discussions