Groups

Good place to download music library 2010-2016

want to fill my phone memory card with offline music, 64GB, with music from about year 2000 up to new with big albums and stuff and wondered if there was a quicker way to do this or find what albums to download

9 Comments

do you mean download illegal music?

Original Poster

mattsokolinski

do you mean download illegal music?

more looking for a list of great albums in the last 10 years

not asking for place to download illegal music

spotify, google music, itunes. look by category sort by year order.
    also try discogs.
    I'm still wondering how are you going to get that music. its 64gb of music... thats about 15,000 tracks at around 99p per track... im really wondering...;)
    Edited by: "mattsk" 9th Oct 2016

Original Poster

mattsokolinski

spotify, google music, itunes. look by category sort by year order.also … spotify, google music, itunes. look by category sort by year order.also try discogs

thankyou, been googling by year of great albums but on some years sure there is like no good albums (imo)
    Guess growing a library takes bit of time

My advice would be goto your local charity shop, buy an album of an artist you like, rip the music you like from the album and copy across to your memory card. Stash the CDs for prosperity ;).

Original Poster

Maverick77

My advice would be goto your local charity shop, buy an album of an … My advice would be goto your local charity shop, buy an album of an artist you like, rip the music you like from the album and copy across to your memory card. Stash the CDs for prosperity ;).

Downloading Illegaly is wrong morally obvcourse, but is'nt buying a cd from charity then ripping the music basically the same thing?
    obvcourse there is the charity getting money but the whole reason downloading music is frowned on is because artist is not getting anything, so same would be true if bought second hand from charity would it not?

whelan189

Downloading Illegaly is wrong morally obvcourse, but is'nt buying a cd … Downloading Illegaly is wrong morally obvcourse, but is'nt buying a cd from charity then ripping the music basically the same thing?obvcourse there is the charity getting money but the whole reason downloading music is frowned on is because artist is not getting anything, so same would be true if bought second hand from charity would it not?

​Interesting theory, my understanding is that as long as you own the CD an mp3 (or whatever new codec people use these days) is permitted. Buying a CD from a charity shop is more a transfer of license in my opinion as the original purchaser has paid the royalties and you are merely purchasing it from them. What's everyone else's opinion?

whelan189

Downloading Illegaly is wrong morally obvcourse, but is'nt buying a cd … Downloading Illegaly is wrong morally obvcourse, but is'nt buying a cd from charity then ripping the music basically the same thing?obvcourse there is the charity getting money but the whole reason downloading music is frowned on is because artist is not getting anything, so same would be true if bought second hand from charity would it not?

The artist got paid for it the first time it was sold.

Original Poster

Maverick77

​Interesting theory, my understanding is that as long as you own the CD a … ​Interesting theory, my understanding is that as long as you own the CD an mp3 (or whatever new codec people use these days) is permitted. Buying a CD from a charity shop is more a transfer of license in my opinion as the original purchaser has paid the royalties and you are merely purchasing it from them. What's everyone else's opinion?

I can see how this would be 'fair' or permitted but would people not just buy cd take as mp3 then sell on straight away, is this not 'wrong' or allowed?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??56
      2. GAP Insurance Recommendations11
      3. Any discount for paultons park?22
      4. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?56

See more discussions