Groups

Good places to look at beds in Manchester other than usual high street places

Hi all,

looking for a couple of new beds and mattresses/headboards and have seen most of the high street places seem to be overpriced when compared to sellers on eBay who seem to be selling very similar products for around the price.

Can anyone suggest any decent independant factory shops or places like this in the Manchester area?

I noticed a most of the eBay sellers seem to be in West Yorkshire (Wakefield/Dewsbury), do any of these eBay sellers have showrooms that I can see the beds and test the quality before ordering on eBay, want to make sure the quality is decent as its hard to judge on eBay.

Thanks in advance.

9 Comments

Have you tried sending the sellers a message and asking them that? They will be able to tell you if they do have a show room! That's going to be your quickest and easiest way to find that out. Some others may be able to suggest some independent shops in Manchester

Yorkshire ain't to far ring them and go have a look at the items but main problem with mattresses beds is u can't tell properly from photos etc unless you have a physical look at them and even then be careful some sellers just put never covers in recycled mattresses and sell them aa new

Original Poster

londonlad19

Have you tried sending the sellers a message and asking them that? They … Have you tried sending the sellers a message and asking them that? They will be able to tell you if they do have a show room! That's going to be your quickest and easiest way to find that out. Some others may be able to suggest some independent shops in Manchester

Nice one will try that

Original Poster

muddassarsardar

Yorkshire ain't to far ring them and go have a look at the items but main … Yorkshire ain't to far ring them and go have a look at the items but main problem with mattresses beds is u can't tell properly from photos etc unless you have a physical look at them and even then be careful some sellers just put never covers in recycled mattresses and sell them aa new

Nope its not far, if I can find a couple of showrooms there I will go and have a look. Cant believe that they are doing that dirty trick though1

usman330

Nope its not far, if I can find a couple of showrooms there I will go and … Nope its not far, if I can find a couple of showrooms there I will go and have a look. Cant believe that they are doing that dirty trick though1

​my sister went to one local factory shop in stoke on trent as no one was at the front of the warehouse my brother in law walked around the back and saw them doing this they came out shouting abuse and saying ur not allowed around here wih some big dogs barking.

Guy I've known for over 20 years sells fantastic quality beds at greatly reduced prices on Harpurhey market (outside ASDA)
    I challenge anyone to find better quality anywhere at their prices

Banned

yes you are allowed to visit these factories. loads in batley / Dewsbury like you said. thats where we buy ours from.
    good quality aswell and some say we sell them to John Lewis !

Original Poster

sowotsdis

Guy I've known for over 20 years sells fantastic quality beds at greatly … Guy I've known for over 20 years sells fantastic quality beds at greatly reduced prices on Harpurhey market (outside ASDA)I challenge anyone to find better quality anywhere at their prices

Thanks for that, is he there most days ?

Original Poster

sofiasar

yes you are allowed to visit these factories. loads in batley / Dewsbury … yes you are allowed to visit these factories. loads in batley / Dewsbury like you said. thats where we buy ours from. good quality aswell and some say we sell them to John Lewis !

Thanks, is there any main ones or do you know the names/street by any chance ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767410
      3. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…34
      4. Free Codes from EGX44

See more discussions