Good powerbank

Posted 18th Sep
Looking for good powerbank to charge usb c phones. Is there any fast charge powerbank and is 10000 good enough e.g., how many charges does it give?

Found this on Amazon and has £4 discount, is it any good?

amazon.co.uk/GET…2W5

Looking for quick/fast charge.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
All the info pertaining to the above will be on your phone specs, then do the math, & find out about protected cells..
10000 will charge a 5000mah phone to full from empty twice. It will charge a 330mah phone three times. So depending on your phone battery you can calculate how many charges you get.
Thing to remember is that a lot of the Chinese products make outlandish claims on capacity and performance - 64 GB SD cards actually being 64mb, tablets with 256GB memory and 10GB ram for £60. Best to get one that is personally recommended or from a respected, mainstream dealer. Anker for example. Not saying all unbranded ones are bad, but you are more likely to get stung. And if you buy branded, but it's too cheap, it most probably is a rebranded copy.
Not sure if that's any good but I bought This one by the same brand and it's great
Ringfinger18/09/2019 08:51

10000 will charge a 5000mah phone to full from empty twice. It will charge …10000 will charge a 5000mah phone to full from empty twice. It will charge a 330mah phone three times. So depending on your phone battery you can calculate how many charges you get.Thing to remember is that a lot of the Chinese products make outlandish claims on capacity and performance - 64 GB SD cards actually being 64mb, tablets with 256GB memory and 10GB ram for £60. Best to get one that is personally recommended or from a respected, mainstream dealer. Anker for example. Not saying all unbranded ones are bad, but you are more likely to get stung. And if you buy branded, but it's too cheap, it most probably is a rebranded copy.

If you can fully charge a 5000mah phone twice from a 10000mah power bank I expect you're very rich as you've invented something 100% efficient! Realistically most power banks only have a usable capacity of 75-85% of what they are rated at (and that's if the ratings are accurate!).
If you want fast charging you need to find out which power protocol your phone supports and get a powerbank that supports the same one. The popular ones these days would be USB Power Delivery (USB-PD) and Qualcomm Quickcharge. The later versions of Quickcharge (4 and 4+) are also compatible with USB-PD, although I'm not sure whether that is just phone to power supply or power supply to phone as well.

10000 will charge a 5000mah phone to full from empty twice. It will charge …10000 will charge a 5000mah phone to full from empty twice. It will charge a 330mah phone three times.

Only if they're all the same voltage, which isn't always the case. It's better to use the watt-hour figures than the ampere-hour ones. Which is a case of multiplying Ah by voltage. So a 10Ah power bank (10,000mAh) at 5V is 50Wh and will charge a 20Wh phone two or three times depending on how low the phone is.

Beware that a lot of power banks misleadingly quote their ampere-hour capacity at an internal battery voltage (often 3.2v or 3.7v), not the actual voltage they output at (5V is standard for USB).

10000 will charge a 5000mah phone to full from empty twice.

sorry that is daft, IF you wish to completely deplete & damage batteries that aren't protected then yeah, it'll do it twice & die fast.
Wow... Feel the love. Lol. To all those critics, my comment was only for illustration. No one can be totally accurate as there are too many variables - including temperature of both batteries.
Ringfinger18/09/2019 11:20

Wow... Feel the love. Lol. To all those critics, my comment was only for …Wow... Feel the love. Lol. To all those critics, my comment was only for illustration. No one can be totally accurate as there are too many variables - including temperature of both batteries.

Haha, indeed but thanks for the info, really help!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants