Good prices for RAM?

Found 28th Dec 2017
Hi all,

I was just wondering what some good prices for DDR4 RAM is at the moment. I built a PC for a family member last year and have just checked how much I paid for his RAM. I seem to have paid £48 for 8GB, however looking at the same pair of sticks now it seems to be almost double the price at £90.

This seems awfully strange, and it seems that a single 4gb stick itself goes for £48! So I was just wondering what's the best DDR4 price out there? Looking for the best vfm for 8GB, but could stretch to 16GB if it does work out cheaper (i.e. ~10% or more)

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
All RAM is hella expensive at the moment, partly due to a slowdown in manufacturing, and partly due to the £'s massive drop in value following the Brexit vote.

Things won't get any better any time soon.
dxx14 m ago

All RAM is hella expensive at the moment, partly due to a slowdown in …All RAM is hella expensive at the moment, partly due to a slowdown in manufacturing, and partly due to the £'s massive drop in value following the Brexit vote. Things won't get any better any time soon.

Oh really? I think I'll just keep the new motherboard I ordered from eBay today to one side until RAM eventually falls in price
Keep an eye on ebay. I purchased a 16GB Crucial Ballistix 2666 kit for £100 brand new.
The dollar is pretty strong at the moment which is keeping the prices high. If you put the motherboard to one side it’ll be obsolete before you see any deals again like you had when the pound was rallying against a weak dollar prior to the brexit vote.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants