Good printer

Posted 30th Jul
I am on the lookout for Epson ecotank printer (for House use - on average i print couple of A4 prints).
I am tired of just buying new printers because they "play up". Are there any on sale anywhere? They have all sold out. Please help me. Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
QVC had them a week or so ago.
How many paged do you print in a month? You said on average you print a couple of A4 prints but you don't say if this is per day, per week or per month?

I only ask as a HP Instant Ink capable printer would allow you to sign up for the free printing tier of 15 pages per month totally free. No Ink to buy, won't cost you a penny. when the ink gets low they send you more for free.
Laser printers can sit for years and work like they've just come out of the box (did exactly that with my brother mono)
The trick is to find cheap cartridge replacements or fill them up yourself.
Probably a ton of videos telling you how on YouTube
Uridium30/07/2020 13:15

How many paged do you print in a month? You said on average you print a …How many paged do you print in a month? You said on average you print a couple of A4 prints but you don't say if this is per day, per week or per month?I only ask as a HP Instant Ink capable printer would allow you to sign up for the free printing tier of 15 pages per month totally free. No Ink to buy, won't cost you a penny. when the ink gets low they send you more for free.

Thank you for pointing that out..i mean couple of pages per week
shahid3630/07/2020 14:48

Thank you for pointing that out..i mean couple of pages per week

I'd definitely be looking at a HP Instant Ink printer then. Buy the printer, plug it in, and subscribe to the basic plan. You'll never have to buy Ink again ;-)

instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/…/l/
Agree with Esar , look for a cheap laser printer. There are no jets that get blocked with dried up ink when you have not used them for a couple of weeks and the toner they come with would probably last a low user like you about 10 years. My Brother laser printer came with enough toner for 1800 A4 colour copies , that's over 8 years at your usage. A full set of compatibles is under £40 on eBay for the next 8 years use. Brother often have cashback deals too.
Just to give you great people update, I have purchased the HP printer. It has 5 months of free "instant ink".... basically... when the ink is half way, they post you the replacement ink cartridge so as soon as the printer shows low ink warning, you have the new ink cartridge waiting already.

Just before the free "instant ink" trial (5 months) is over, ring them and ask to move to free instant ink plan at the end of current free trial cycle (15 pages free prints per month).
So far so good but I will be updating as I reach end of free trial cycle
Post a comment
@
    Text