Good PS4 surround sound headset on a budget?

Found 23rd Jan
I currently have the Sony 2.0 PS4 headset, but they are just about falling apart, not great build quality.. so i am looking for another set, but not to expensive, i use them for Call of duty, so looking for a set that I can hear footsteps, people approaching etc.. any recommendations on a budget of around £50-60 Thanks
Community Updates
AskElectronics
16 Comments
Original Poster
d3fult_71 h, 5 m ago

https://www.game.co.uk/en/Turtle+Beach+Recon+150+Gaming+Headset+for+PS4+Pro+++PS4+and+PC-2018392?cm_vc=Prod_2cant go wrong with turtle beach

Thanks, I gather these plug into the controller, would you get the same surround sound this way? I have only ever used my wireless Sony 2.0
Yeah you will do, they plug into your controller and you get some decent sound. If you are still unsure the best thing to do it watch reviews on youtube (what i do before spending loads on a bit of tech)
I always use Turtle Beach myself but must say i was left very unimpressed by the PX 24 model that plugs into the controller even with it's supposedly trick amp it was poor IMHO,i ended up using the PX24 headset plugged into a PX22 amp which is then plugged into a DSS2 sound processor and the sound quality is superb.
Original Poster
gazman09097020 m ago

I always use Turtle Beach myself but must say i was left very unimpressed …I always use Turtle Beach myself but must say i was left very unimpressed by the PX 24 model that plugs into the controller even with it's supposedly trick amp it was poor IMHO,i ended up using the PX24 headset plugged into a PX22 amp which is then plugged into a DSS2 sound processor and the sound quality is superb.

Thanks for the input, been reading around and I am maybe looking at a second hand pair of Astro 40 with the mixer thing..
Edited by: "malnuman" 23rd Jan
Argos have some older gen2 A50s for just over £100, I can’t recommend them enough. Brilliant headphones for ps4
Edited by: "shepademus" 23rd Jan
Original Poster
shepademus20 m ago

Argos have some older gen2 A50s for just over £100, I can’t recommend them …Argos have some older gen2 A50s for just over £100, I can’t recommend them enough. Brilliant headphones for ps4

100 is out of my budget, these are the wireless ones, you still need the mixer unit for these?
Hyper X 2
Mix amp is built into the headset on the a50s
Original Poster
shepademus12 m ago

Mix amp is built into the headset on the a50s

Thanks, will look for a used set, they are wayyy over my budget new..
malnuman15 h, 1 m ago

Thanks, will look for a used set, they are wayyy over my budget new..

You can get the set up i mentioned previously for under £50 and as i said the sound quality is superb.
Original Poster
gazman09097010 m ago

You can get the set up i mentioned previously for under £50 and as i said …You can get the set up i mentioned previously for under £50 and as i said the sound quality is superb.

Really, it sounded as though it would be expensive, will go price it all up now... thanks
Original Poster
Does the DSS2 plug directly into back of ps4, Or is it plug into the controller?
Original Poster
gazman0909701 h, 6 m ago

You can get the set up i mentioned previously for under £50 and as i said …You can get the set up i mentioned previously for under £50 and as i said the sound quality is superb.

Sorry to be a pain with the questions, was going to go with your set up, but I can't find the PX22 amp, only place is eBay, yeah cheap at £7 but it's from China, and well most likely fake... the PX24 headset cheapest i can see is £45 amazon warehouse, and the DSS2 is around £20.. you know anywhere cheaper or where I can get the px22 amp? Thanks
malnuman48 m ago

Does the DSS2 plug directly into back of ps4, Or is it plug into the …Does the DSS2 plug directly into back of ps4, Or is it plug into the controller?

2 cables out of the ps4 to the dss2 box 1 fibre optic and the other is from usb to power it then the PX22 amp has a usb and a 3.5mm jack both plugged into the dss2 box then finally the PX24 headset into the PX22 amp.On ebay last i looked you could get a refurbished PX24 headset only for £12.99 the PX22 amp around £7 and the DSS2 for around £25 maybe cheaper if you look around.
malnuman18 m ago

Sorry to be a pain with the questions, was going to go with your set up, …Sorry to be a pain with the questions, was going to go with your set up, but I can't find the PX22 amp, only place is eBay, yeah cheap at £7 but it's from China, and well most likely fake... the PX24 headset cheapest i can see is £45 amazon warehouse, and the DSS2 is around £20.. you know anywhere cheaper or where I can get the px22 amp? Thanks

I,ll have a look see if i can find the seller that was doing the refurb headsets,i think i have a spare PX22 amp i can let you have it for postage cost only.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants