EXPIRED

Good qality camera for under £200 (about 10 megapixel)

Hi, I am looking to buy a good camera for my sister. Was considering Nikon p-5100 or Canon IXUS 960 or Olympus MJU-1010 but I am just not familiar with all this thechnical stuff and don't want to make a mistake. I want it with lithium rechargeable battery for definite. Any suggestions please. Thank you

4 Comments

Hi there I was looking about a fair bit prior to Christmas and eventually went for the ixus 960, not been disapointed at all fantastic camera does everything i need it to. I paid around £120 from Amazon. The only complaint I have is the supplied memory card only held about 6 photos, so be sure and order a memory card to arrive at the same time, Brian.

please, please, please don't get swept along with the "more mega-pixels the better" routine. it just isn't the right approach.

you need - first and foremost - to have the best quality lens you can afford at the range of optical zoom that you need.

then look towards other important or not-so important factors like battery life, ease of use, portability, etc etc.

i have a panasonic lumix tz-1, with 10x optical zoom. slightly chunkier than some compact cameras but it is superb, with a great lens.

i think panasonic now hav the tz-5 - certainly worth checking out.

look for digital camera review sites on the net.

Have you looked at these?

Fuji Z20fd Really compact and great little camera.

]Fuji Refurb Shop Has them for £69.99 and you can usually find a discount code.

Got one for the wife for christmas, delivered in 2 days and total cost was £54 delivered! with the discount code (unfortunetly the code has expired now) but there are usually some knocking about.

Original Poster

thanks everyone. I'll check all ot them
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Phone "Upgrade"812
    2. Wireless Earphones for Running67
    3. I want some backless loafers for men55
    4. HELP FORD FOCUS RADIO NOT WORKING23

See more discussions