Groups
    EXPIRED

Good quality bike chain lock that doesn't weigh a ton!

Anyone recommend a good one, main thing is I want a light but secure one as carrying around my kryptonite u lock is like having someone sitting in your rucsac!

13 Comments

Banned

I've got one of these, but the key lock type. It wraps around the bar between the seat and the crossbar, neatly.

direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

Original Poster

Foosball Chum;2975121

I've got one of these, but the key lock type. It wraps around the bar … I've got one of these, but the key lock type. It wraps around the bar between the seat and the crossbar, neatly.http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-1237.aspx

Thanks for that don't mean to be rude but doesn't look that secure?

light = weak
    heavy = strong

No way round it really, until someone discovers a material with the strength of steel but without the weight

Banned

teambintip;2975149

light = weakheavy = strongNo way round it really, until someone discovers … light = weakheavy = strongNo way round it really, until someone discovers a material with the strength of steel but without the weight

Titanium, but too expensive

Banned

cycleman;2975128

Thanks for that don't mean to be rude but doesn't look that secure?

no the combination one isn't, but the key lock, available instore, is great, and clicks with a resounding and satisfying clunk

Foosball Chum;2975174

Titanium, but too expensive

Titanium can't be hardened to anywhere near the same degree as steel can ( unless my memory fails me)

zyro.co.uk/pro…=28

£65 sold secure gold - brilliant lock

Banned

teambintip;2975229

Titanium can't be hardened to anywhere near the same degree as steel can … Titanium can't be hardened to anywhere near the same degree as steel can ( unless my memory fails me)

Nooooo, but you asked for 'strength' and 'weight' :roll:

teambintip;2975229

Titanium can't be hardened to anywhere near the same degree as steel can … Titanium can't be hardened to anywhere near the same degree as steel can ( unless my memory fails me)http://www.zyro.co.uk/product_detail.asp?pid=28£65 sold secure gold - brilliant lock

£59.99 at ]Cycle Gear

]£19.99 delivered for a titanium boron alloy steel masterlock

http://www.cyclesportsuk.co.uk/images/locks/main/LKM8291D.jpg

Features:[LIST]
    [*] Heavy Duty Titanium Boron Alloy Steel Security Chain offers high cut and pry resistance
    [*] 10mm diameter links are a strong deterrent
    [*] 1m length ideal for securing one bike
    [*] Integrated tumbler cylinder lock for anti-pick and anti-drill resistance, with protective keyway cover for the harshest outdoor conditions
    [*] Woven Nylon sleeve protecting the chain from the weather and protecting your bike from scratches
    [*] Lifetime Guarantee[/LIST]

I have a couple of these:-

]http//di…spx

Not the lightest thing, either, but maybe a reasonable compromise between the weight of your shackle lock, and something lighter.

To be honest, the kryptonite is the best lock you're going to get anywhere, yes, it's heavy but that's because it's damn good at what it does, can you not find a bracket for it to lug it around on your bike?

Foosball Chum;2975331

Nooooo, but you asked for 'strength' and 'weight' :roll:

I didn't ask for anything. And the stupid patronising rolling eyes aren't really necessary

I said "until someone discovers a material with the strength of steel but without the weight" which titanium definately is not

Edit - nearly forgot :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the comments:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions