good quality compatible HP ink cartridges

Found 13th Feb
I have an old photosmart printer, it works perfectly fine, for light use colour printing . New printers are relatively cheap, but the cartridges collectively cost more tan the printer. For some time now ive been using cheap compatible colour ink cartrides, and they have worked fine, but i need some better quality colour ink now as I need to print somebar charts and pie charts in my report on normal A4 paper, not colour, so the odd page in the report will be a colour chart.
Can anyone recommend a compatibe inkjet colour ink which is just as good as the HP 363 inkjet ink cartridges, the produces great results.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
13 Comments
You could try this firm, I've used them a couple of times and their inks for my HP Printer are equal to HP Ink Cartridges and at far less the cost, plus HP Inks only use 4ml of ink to fill their cartridges which is pretty mean of such a big firm cartridgediscount.co.uk
Edited by: "goldkipper" 13th Feb
Hp instant ink.. Buy a new printer with 9 months free ink then £1.99 per month after. Do the maths.. Would that work for you vs buying ink and messing about tring to get good printing...
Edited by: "wayners" 13th Feb
Also HP instant ink offers 15 sheets per month for free. Obviously if you need more you could opt for the 50 sheets for £1.99, but if you average 15 or less, may be worthwhile considering the free option. BTW if you do go over the 1 sheets, they charge £1 for each 10 sheets printed.
what is instant ink? sorry
wayners6 h, 52 m ago

Hp instant ink.. Buy a new printer with 9 months free ink then £1.99 per …Hp instant ink.. Buy a new printer with 9 months free ink then £1.99 per month after. Do the maths.. Would that work for you vs buying ink and messing about tring to get good printing...

okay just checked instant ink out, its £1.99 pm for 50 sheets, so once youve printed 50 sheets the printer sends a message to HP via thenetwork i presume that the ink is low and they send out more ink? but 50 sheets isnt a lot? is it?
f2raf3 h, 34 m ago

okay just checked instant ink out, its £1.99 pm for 50 sheets, so once …okay just checked instant ink out, its £1.99 pm for 50 sheets, so once youve printed 50 sheets the printer sends a message to HP via thenetwork i presume that the ink is low and they send out more ink? but 50 sheets isnt a lot? is it?

£1.99 per month for 50 sheets yes. if you don't use them all they rollover for 1 month. so potentially more If you don't use them all each month. Unless you are running a business do you really need to print out more than 50 pages a month?

Once the ink starts to get low HP will ship out a new set of cartridges before it runs out.

They also do a 15pg per month plan that is totally free
I bought a HP printer for the instant ink . But when I try to sign up for it . I can’t because Cardiff / South Wales isn’t an option under the county drop down and you can’t complete a sign up with it 🤔
f2raf10 h, 53 m ago

okay just checked instant ink out, its £1.99 pm for 50 sheets, so once …okay just checked instant ink out, its £1.99 pm for 50 sheets, so once youve printed 50 sheets the printer sends a message to HP via thenetwork i presume that the ink is low and they send out more ink? but 50 sheets isnt a lot? is it?

For the free 9 months you set the printing to maximum allowance 300 or 500 a month whatever it is.... Before the free period ends you drop it back to whatever you think you need... Say 100 sheets per month. They send you a new set of cartridges the moment you sign up as I have a set in the cupboard good to go. Also in the paying period (not free 9 months) unused pages roll over for 1 month... It's a no brainer as they say
Thanks
Im getting on to this! The debate now is do I spend £12 on cartrdiges for my old printer, HP363, genuine cartridges are quiet cheap now being an older printer, or do i spend £50 on a new printer. Maight have better print quality...hmmm
f2raf26 m ago

ThanksIm getting on to this! The debate now is do I spend £12 on …ThanksIm getting on to this! The debate now is do I spend £12 on cartrdiges for my old printer, HP363, genuine cartridges are quiet cheap now being an older printer, or do i spend £50 on a new printer. Maight have better print quality...hmmm

I had an old hp printer. I used to shoot it up with ink from a springe and mess about with cartridges . You get attached to some kit and feel your being challenged to keep it going but end up wasting money and getting really annoyed. I should of binned our old hp sooner. The fact that the new one is also wireless has been useful as it sits away from pc now.
Edited by: "wayners" 14th Feb
wayners2 h, 17 m ago

I had an old hp printer. I used to shoot it up with ink from a springe and …I had an old hp printer. I used to shoot it up with ink from a springe and mess about with cartridges . You get attached to some kit and feel your being challenged to keep it going but end up wasting money and getting really annoyed. I should of binned our old hp sooner. The fact that the new one is also wireless has been useful as it sits away from pc now.

i hear you! but my old HP despite it being several years old, in fact prob 10 yrs old, is wireless & can be networked. But i think modern printers have thermal ink which leaves a nicer print finish, than what I have..
This company do a compatible HP range called Think, I've used them on my old printer and they were as good as the originals. You need to enter your model number to check availability.

choicestationery.com/fin…es/
jaketheplumber1 h, 33 m ago

This company do a compatible HP range called Think, I've used them on my …This company do a compatible HP range called Think, I've used them on my old printer and they were as good as the originals. You need to enter your model number to check availability.https://www.choicestationery.com/find-my-printer-cartridges/

Thank you, I have also come across stinkyinkshop.co.uk they have won awards from Which magazine and are also a HP Gold Partner, so they must be decent, not as cheap as the cheaper chinese imports on ebay but significantly less than buying geuines
Edited by: "f2raf" 14th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants