Good quality frying pan

Posted 17th Aug
Looking for a good quality frying pan, mainly for frying eggs etc.
JML stoneware didn't live up to the hype so what's the next best thing?
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
Scoville?
i like tefal
I will also recommend scoville
I find Non stick pans slippery for a while then become sticky. (ESP eggs)

Ceramic often suggested good but never tried.

I use spray oil which may Duck them up
Tower
I’ve got procook pans. 25 year guarantee. Had a few pans replaced over the years for free.
Another vote for Scoville from Asda
ikea as they do lifetime warranty or something...as long as you have receipt!
I always find handles get loose.

Correction: its not lifetime, see link
ikea.com/gb/…ee/
Edited by: "ran123ran" 17th Aug
ChuckTheDuck17/08/2020 15:36

I find Non stick pans slippery for a while then become sticky. (ESP …I find Non stick pans slippery for a while then become sticky. (ESP eggs)Ceramic often suggested good but never tried. I use spray oil which may Duck them up

Ceramic are good for non-stick but they chip & scratch like crazy even if you're careful!
+1 for scoville, usually on offer at Asda or dunelm, their normal pans are spot on aswell, easiest to clean even after scrambled eggs!
cecilmcroberts17/08/2020 14:58

Agree with britlad. Also on offer atm in Asda …Agree with britlad. Also on offer atm in Asda https://direct.asda.com/george/home/pots-pans/scoville/D26M08G08C12S02,default,sc.html

Scoville pans are really soft metal and easy to bend/warp, lids may not fit for long.
PenguinsForAll18/08/2020 12:36

Scoville pans are really soft metal and easy to bend/warp, lids may not …Scoville pans are really soft metal and easy to bend/warp, lids may not fit for long.

They bend or warp if you attempt to wash a still warm pan in colder water, as every pan will tell you not to do also. Never had any warping issues in 4 years.
I've just got my second pan from Asda as the first one I got was the best I've had in 20 years.
It's a Scoville Neverstick - has a 10 year guarantee, and they say it's 5x stronger than other non-stick pans.

They have been brilliant so far no warping unlike my other frying pans - although I have been careful not to use metal utensils on them, as that invalidates the guarantee.
cecilmcroberts18/08/2020 12:44

They bend or warp if you attempt to wash a still warm pan in colder water, …They bend or warp if you attempt to wash a still warm pan in colder water, as every pan will tell you not to do also. Never had any warping issues in 4 years.

Strange, I only wash them in hot water.
PenguinsForAll18/08/2020 12:49

Strange, I only wash them in hot water.

The greater the difference in temperature between the pan and the water the bigger the risk of warping any metal pan. Especially if full submersion.Non-stick Frying pans normally hit around 250c, I'm pretty sure no-one is washing pans at home with water near that temperature.
Learnt the correct way years ago and never had trouble with any pans. Normally I place some almost boiled water into the pan before taking it off the heat to deglaze the pan if it has stubborn stains. Leave to bring down temp before then washing in hot water. Not one to try but a simple rule, if you cant lift the pan by the sides with your bare hands it runs the risk of warping when washed.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 18th Aug
Circulon. They use them on Masterchef.

They replace them no quibble easily as well.
I use tefal for non-stick.

But for the not non-stick pans, I have some Ikea ones that are 18 years old and still doing very very well.
Post a comment
@
    Text