Groups

Good quality metal pourer for expensive whiskey

With so many alcohol deals going around, i bought a few bottles. Now dont want a single drop to be wasted. Thinking that my best bet is to use pourers. Any thoughts on good quality ones?, Am i better off getting a cocktail accessory set instead? Will appreciate suggestions from experts on the forum.

Needless to say that i am new to drinking

10 Comments

Just pour it from the bottle. You might not get exact amount each time but its not a waste if it ends up in your mouth.

Its not as if there is other components of drink that needs to be accurate.

Dont spoil your enjoyment worrying how much your pouring, relax pour and enjoy.
    Edited by: "callum84" 19th Dec 2016

Original Poster

PenguinsForAll

These kind of … These kind of pourers?https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Wine-Stoppers-Pourers/Stainless-Steel-Freeflow-Pourer-Pourers/B01H2T6VFE

I saw these. Was not sure if they work well with whiskey. I dont want to see broken rubber pieces or rust in my whiskey if i leave it on.

Original Poster

callum84

Just pour it from the bottle. You might not get exact amount each time … Just pour it from the bottle. You might not get exact amount each time but its not a waste if it ends up in your mouth.Its not as if there is other components of drink that needs to be accurate.Dont spoil your enjoyment worrying how much your pouring, relax pour and enjoy.

Thank you i was thinking that there should be no spillage on the side of the bottle every time i turn the bottle right side up. I always see juices or oil spill around the mouth of the bottle just after pouring.

rohanp

I saw these. Was not sure if they work well with whiskey. I dont want to … I saw these. Was not sure if they work well with whiskey. I dont want to see broken rubber pieces or rust in my whiskey if i leave it on.

They will be fine.
    They are made from S/S so will not rust and the rubber portion will be food safe nitrile or PU which will not break down with alcohol.

You can spend more but will probably be overkill.

Enjoy

Clamp lips around end of bottle and pour....job done!

Original Poster

marty-401

Clamp lips around end of bottle and pour....job done!

I think i will gradually be able to do that
    Not there just yet
    Edited by: "rohanp" 19th Dec 2016

Original Poster

callum84

They will be fine.They are made from S/S so will not rust and the rubber … They will be fine.They are made from S/S so will not rust and the rubber portion will be food safe nitrile or PU which will not break down with alcohol.You can spend more but will probably be overkill.Enjoy

Thank you. Have you had any experience using the ones in the link that you shared?

rohanp

Thank you. Have you had any experience using the ones in the link that … Thank you. Have you had any experience using the ones in the link that you shared?

I bought some about a year ago but never used them.

I stuck one in a bottle of JD just now and they fit perfectly.

https://i.imgur.com/cn4xJx2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/esyTScH.jpg

So it's definitely worth getting, they are dirt cheap anyway.

rohanp

Thank you. Have you had any experience using the ones in the link that … Thank you. Have you had any experience using the ones in the link that you shared?

No I havent mate. It was PenginsForAll who shared the link.
    Was just basing it on the materials used, fact theres not much to go wrong and the hundreds of good reviews.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. flamedeer23
      2. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree34
      3. Why do people scam on Gumtree?33
      4. Anyone tried the Tyrells website for the mini competition?11

See more discussions