Good restaurant in Central London for Xmas Day?

19 replies
Found 17th Nov 2010
Going to have Xmas lunch at a restaurant or hotel this year... Can someone recommend somewhere nice?
Not the following please:
Claridges
The Ivy
ANYTHING Jamie Oliver related
Sketch

No budget, just want somewhere decent. Preferably not crowded and no where too stuffy and uptight. No "fondants of mackeral on a bed of potato foam" but something more interesting than the usual "Turkey dinner".
GO!

19 Comments

McDonald's
Burger King
KFC

not too uptight plus they serve a range of foods and beverages.

Sloth/Mod

Be cutting it fine now i'd have thought.

If you have no luck then you are welcome at mine as always loads of food but you'll be babysitting while i sleep X)

Try Arbutus in Soho.

Original Poster

Admin

Try Arbutus in Soho.

Thanks. Had a look but nothing jumps out at me as sounding really nice - especially not the braised pig head!!!

Original Poster

Anyone been to Mews of Mayfair or The Palm?

Banned

No I don´t think so.

Banned

baffledsalmon

Dude.. seriously.

People here shop in Home Bargains and Brighthouse.

Original Poster

vibeone

Dude.. seriously.People here shop in Home Bargains and Brighthouse.

They could ask if they could pay for dinner by weekly instalments?

quaglinos is really nice, bit too posh for my taste, there was even a butler type man in the toilets

Banned

ilovepink

quaglinos is really nice, bit too posh for my taste, there was even a … quaglinos is really nice, bit too posh for my taste, there was even a butler type man in the toilets

To be fair, there's one of them in Walkabout...

i find it quite annoying. Just let me have a **** in peace yer blud?

vibeone

To be fair, there's one of them in Walkabout...i find it quite annoying. … To be fair, there's one of them in Walkabout...i find it quite annoying. Just let me have a **** in peace yer blud?

no not the kind in the nightclub toilets who want a quid for some spray of fake perfume, a proper one, opens doors even dried my hands for me with a towel oO

i was a bit embarrassed actually

Banned

ilovepink

no not the kind in the nightclub toilets who want a quid for some spray … no not the kind in the nightclub toilets who want a quid for some spray of fake perfume, a proper one, opens doors even dried my hands for me with a towel oO i was a bit embarrassed actually

Are you sure that wasn't just some dude after a blowy?

vibeone

Are you sure that wasn't just some dude after a blowy?

defo sure, im not his type he talked funny

Banned

ilovepink

defo sure, im not his type he talked funny

They usually do.

Original Poster

ilovepink

quaglinos is really nice, bit too posh for my taste, there was even a … quaglinos is really nice, bit too posh for my taste, there was even a butler type man in the toilets

That's mainly fish... I don't like fish :-( The toilet waiter sounds weeeeird! Thanks for the suggestion though!

baffledsalmon

That's mainly fish... I don't like fish :-( The toilet waiter sounds … That's mainly fish... I don't like fish :-( The toilet waiter sounds weeeeird! Thanks for the suggestion though!

no worries

River Restaurant @ The Savoy...had it there a couple of years ago....don't know what its like since its all been refurbished

Pushing it for bookings I would thought you needed to do sooner.

yeah anywhere really good will already be booked up and the half decent ones are trying to turnover as many tables as possible so doesn't make for the best dining experience.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. PayPal Friends and Family Payment reversal options66
    2. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?33
    3. Switch from BT to BT same property different person33
    4. MacBook44

See more discussions