Groups

good sat nav with speed camera detection?

Hi i would like to get a sat nav and must have speed camera detection,whats a good one to get for around £100?

thanks

11 Comments

Banned

tomtom one

sweeeeeet: 500!!! lol

road angel - [url]www.blackspot.co.uk[/url]

edit: i dont think its sub £100, worth a look though

[COLOR="Purple"]I've got the Navman N20 - only about £60 now![/COLOR]

Original Poster

chrysha;2828941

[COLOR="Purple"]I've got the Navman N20 - only about £60 now![/COLOR]

does that alert you for speed cameras?

I have a TomTom GO 500 in my car and I use Garmin on my Nokia N95. I swear by my TomTom, especially the hands free bluetooth connection to my phone. From the people I've spoken to, the TomTom seems to be the way to go for accuracy on maps etc. Not sure if you can get a TomTom for under 100 squid.

I didn't bother with the speed database from these vendors but instead opted for the Pocket GPS database. If you travel over to pocketgpsworld.com/mod…ras then you can see a list of devices that are supported. They charge 19.00 for the year but i think you get it for life if you provide updates. You can also find it knocking about the web at dodgy sites but I wouldn't know anything about that :-)

Dunno if that helps but I would also go that extra mile to get a TomTom.

Good Luck,
    f.

GPS units are like consoles - everyone has their own personal favourite- they all have their pros and cons. I've had a navman and now a Tom Tom one - the Navman performed better (in my opinion).....

Original Poster

fugjostle;2829049

I have a TomTom GO 500 in my car and I use Garmin on my Nokia N95. I … I have a TomTom GO 500 in my car and I use Garmin on my Nokia N95. I swear by my TomTom, especially the hands free bluetooth connection to my phone. From the people I've spoken to, the TomTom seems to be the way to go for accuracy on maps etc. Not sure if you can get a TomTom for under 100 squid. I didn't bother with the speed database from these vendors but instead opted for the Pocket GPS database. If you travel over to http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras then you can see a list of devices that are supported. They charge 19.00 for the year but i think you get it for life if you provide updates. You can also find it knocking about the web at dodgy sites but I wouldn't know anything about that :-)Dunno if that helps but I would also go that extra mile to get a TomTom.Good Luck,f.

Hi i have a nokia n95 8gb,would would be my best option,never put sat nav on my phone lol

strobez1977;2829163

Hi i have a nokia n95 8gb,would would be my best option,never put sat nav … Hi i have a nokia n95 8gb,would would be my best option,never put sat nav on my phone lol

I picked Garmin because at the time TomTom didn't work with the GPS - not sure if thats still the case :thumbsup:

strobez1977;2829019

does that alert you for speed cameras?

[COLOR="Purple"]...Yes![/COLOR]

Halfords Sale upto 50% off all Sat Navs, If you look about i'm sure theres a 5-10% code online

halfords.com/web…r=2

hi

i got the tom tom V3 yesterday from tesco for £99,
    its really good, picks up all the speed cameras,plus u can add any extra u find that aint registered on it
    hope that helps???!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions