good softwares for windows?

After a fresh install of Windows 10,what other software's are a good idea to install ,internet security etc.pc to be mainly used games and general internet browsing

11 Comments

ninite.com is a good starting place for different tools and utilities

Malwarebytes...

steam, origin and uplay

vlc and winrar

Personally, and I'm no expert mind, but I tend to put on CCleaner, Office, Firefox, 7-Zip and Defraggler.

Just leave it alone and use common sense. Windows has anti-virus/malware built in anyway. Don't open any exes or anything else if you don't know where it has come from. Don't open any attachments in emails where you don't know the source or respond to emails asking for passwords. Be careful with any popups like fake antivirus etc (force close the browser if you have to)

It is worth installing an adblock extension on whatever browser you use as this can stop malware getting in. You can disable for sites you want to support

O&O ShutUp10 and your MoBo, graphics card and printer drivers etc.
Plus a firewall.

paul555

Just leave it alone and use common sense. Windows has anti-virus/malware … Just leave it alone and use common sense. Windows has anti-virus/malware built in anyway. Don't open any exes or anything else if you don't know where it has come from. Don't open any attachments in emails where you don't know the source or respond to emails asking for passwords. Be careful with any popups like fake antivirus etc (force close the browser if you have to)It is worth installing an adblock extension on whatever browser you use as this can stop malware getting in. You can disable for sites you want to support

Windows Defender is useless, in recent real life tests it score less than 75% detection rate; anything less that 98% and you might just as well not bother.

Windows 7 dual boot for internet, no ads, few quid from ebay.

As beerdrinker said in first reply...ninite.com is all you need

Original Poster

Big thanks all,I'll check these out.Spot on
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help choosing an Android box please.11
    2. Can you change the battery on the newer style Oral B 4000 toothbrush?812
    3. samsung s7 edge lcd -rose gold (pink)35
    4. What dog food do your feed your dog2232

See more discussions