Groups

Good Starter Terry Pratchett Book

Looking to buy a Terry Pratchett book for someone but not sure which one to pick. I haven't read any myself so I don't really know anything about them.

Whats a good one to start off with? The very first one, or a different one?

Thanks

10 Comments

The colour of magic.

First of Discworld as the man says

d_drabwell;7048868

The colour of magic.

+1
    fantastic series:thumbsup:
    think i have them all....they are laugh out loud books

I started with Guards Guards thats the first of the Vimes ones and think its a better bet than Colour of Magic as I found it easier to read. However everyone is different so....

Chuckles1001;7048905

First of Discworld as the man says

+1

I am not sure whether its that important to read them in order. I did, and found the first a bit of a struggle... but was so glad that I persevered with it as they are all fantastic with some hysterically funny characters. My personal favourite is Mort... I think.... no, The Fifth.... no Going Post... The Light Fantastic? It's hard to say... The Truth is good.... and not a bad introduction to life in Ankh Morpork.

i love the witchs best, granny weatherwax don,t get on the wrong side of her , same as most women really:whistling:

Colour of Magic without a doubt. Read them in order, theres always a reference or an injoke in later books relating to previous ones :P

cooper2085;7049339

Colour of Magic without a doubt. Read them in order, theres always a … Colour of Magic without a doubt. Read them in order, theres always a reference or an injoke in later books relating to previous ones :P

agreed

cooper2085;7049339

Colour of Magic without a doubt. Read them in order, theres always a … Colour of Magic without a doubt. Read them in order, theres always a reference or an injoke in later books relating to previous ones :P

this:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044586
      2. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.58
      3. Cheer me up please?1432
      4. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....811

See more discussions