Good tanning product

Found 5th Jun
Hi all.

The lady in my life has light skin but would like to have a light tan for when we attend her best friend's wedding in a few weeks.

She's never done any 'tanning' so hoping some of you might know where to start. She would prefer self tanning rather than going to a saloon. She also doesn't want to turn up orange lol.

Anyone have any good products to recommend for face and body?

I've also no idea as don't tan myself but would be grateful if anyone can help (please do lol).
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Is "light skin" code for she's a Gingerist?
The trick to self tanning using lotions is to exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate. If she’s a first timer probably best to have a spray tan done by a professional. Lots of mobile beauticians out there that come to your home. Might be best to have a trial run before the big day
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell24 m ago

Is "light skin" code for she's a Gingerist?

Lol, I am.....she's not.

@Toptrumpet what's the deal with exfoliating? She does that as takes care of her skin, she just doesn't do the tanning thing lol.
My favourite is the Garnier gradual moisturiser tanner. Just make sure you have a good scrub in the shower with some exfoliation gloves first so it doesn't stick to any dry bits. Or being a first timer you can't go wrong with using the original st Tropez tanning mousse and a tanning mitt, it's never sent me orange before. The st Tropez one has a guide colour so shouldn't go streaky because you can see where you are applying it.
I love Rimmel sunshimmer instant tan . It comes in different shades, but if she has fair skin , the light one will be fine. You can mix with moisturizer so that it goes on really smoothly and build a second layer of you want to go slightly darker. It's not one of the fake tans that develops overnight, just a tinted cream so you can see as you apply if you are even without stripes etc. It's a really natural colour so no worries about turning orange. Also unlike some of the developing tans it doesn't have that nasty odd smell either.
tinkerbellian5th Jun

I love Rimmel sunshimmer instant tan . It comes in different shades, but …I love Rimmel sunshimmer instant tan . It comes in different shades, but if she has fair skin , the light one will be fine. You can mix with moisturizer so that it goes on really smoothly and build a second layer of you want to go slightly darker. It's not one of the fake tans that develops overnight, just a tinted cream so you can see as you apply if you are even without stripes etc. It's a really natural colour so no worries about turning orange. Also unlike some of the developing tans it doesn't have that nasty odd smell either.

Thanks and also to @CSL2014xo . Very interesting reading. The wedding is in a few weeks so I guess she could buy something that's a gradual tanner that you recommended, tinker? I see a few 3 for 2 offers at boots so will see what might be best. The Rimmel one is £6.99 there so 3 for 2 = £14 + some boots points. Seems reasonable to me but is that a good price for a few products?
cheaperbythe1232 m ago

Thanks and also to @CSL2014xo . Very interesting reading. The wedding is …Thanks and also to @CSL2014xo . Very interesting reading. The wedding is in a few weeks so I guess she could buy something that's a gradual tanner that you recommended, tinker? I see a few 3 for 2 offers at boots so will see what might be best. The Rimmel one is £6.99 there so 3 for 2 = £14 + some boots points. Seems reasonable to me but is that a good price for a few products?

£6.99 is about right for the Rimmel one , I find that a tube lasts ages so I'm not sure she would need three , maybe mix and match with something else , plenty of time to try a couple of brands and see what she gets on best with .
tinkerbellian13 m ago

£6.99 is about right for the Rimmel one , I find that a tube lasts ages so …£6.99 is about right for the Rimmel one , I find that a tube lasts ages so I'm not sure she would need three , maybe mix and match with something else , plenty of time to try a couple of brands and see what she gets on best with .

Thanks. For around the same price, any other products you recommend? Hopefully we'll go to Boots at the weekend.
Fake tans are ok but it will ruin your mattress, make sure you have a mattress protector as it’ll make the mattress and pillows tan too in the weeks after.
@LeahsMintytoutou can you recommend any tanning products?
Toptrumpet24 m ago

@LeahsMintytoutou can you recommend any tanning products?

@cheaperbythe12
i reccomend this by Make Believe (it comes in different tan levels. I'd say go for 3-4 if she's light skin.
33928752-UEJ10.jpg
Think I got it off amazon and it's about £10 if I remember rightly. It's really good, doesn't look orange and smells nice too. I've never used it on face I'd just use abit of bronzer to make face more tanned

Recommendations for tanning:
exfoliate and moisturise a lot before tanning.
Use a tanning mitt (mine cost about £2 n has lasted for aaages)
dont shave or wax then tan straight after as tan gathers in pores and also can sting and irritate.
build it up in layers if your scared to put too much on. This stuff goes a long way so you can practice before the day.
Good luck and have a great time!

ps I've not notice it make bed sheets stained but it does wash off so careful when washing hands that you don't rub too much or your hands will be white
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 6th Jun
Thanks @LeahsMintytoutou for jumping on this so quickly. I knew you’d be able to help.
Toptrumpet1 m ago

Thanks @LeahsMintytoutou for jumping on this so quickly. I knew you’d be a …Thanks @LeahsMintytoutou for jumping on this so quickly. I knew you’d be able to help.

Hehe Thankyou. You just caught me I'm heading bed night night
LeahsMintytoutou9 h, 29 m ago

@cheaperbythe12 i reccomend this by Make Believe (it comes in different …@cheaperbythe12 i reccomend this by Make Believe (it comes in different tan levels. I'd say go for 3-4 if she's light skin. [Image] Think I got it off amazon and it's about £10 if I remember rightly. It's really good, doesn't look orange and smells nice too. I've never used it on face I'd just use abit of bronzer to make face more tanned Recommendations for tanning: exfoliate and moisturise a lot before tanning. Use a tanning mitt (mine cost about £2 n has lasted for aaages)dont shave or wax then tan straight after as tan gathers in pores and also can sting and irritate. build it up in layers if your scared to put too much on. This stuff goes a long way so you can practice before the day.Good luck and have a great time! ps I've not notice it make bed sheets stained but it does wash off so careful when washing hands that you don't rub too much or your hands will be white

Excellent, thanks Leah. I'll pass on the info to her and buy the products you mentioned.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants