good torrent downloader

dont wanna use vuze, anybody got any good ones?

16 Comments

Banned

utorrent

Theres a classic interface option on vuze you know

Utorrent...this will be the most recommended! :thumbsup:

Utorrent. As said above

utorrent but not newer than 1.61

bittorrent

Original Poster

utorrent i have gone for, very quick and simple thanks guys

Whats wrong with Vuze... how can you resist that cute little froggy

dcx_badass;5143926

utorrent here aswell, but make sure you get 1.61 or below.

Why 1.61 or below, if you don't mind me asking?

On private torrent trackers, they sometimes insist you use the most up-to-date version so that's what I've been doing.

If you use bit torrent, and ones like it that 'cheat' with the ratio you may find that you can't download from seeds or peers who are running more responsible clients like Vuze. Many Vuze users like me bar downloaders using those clients. This may impact the speed at which you can obtain your downloads.

imortal;5143784

utorrent but not newer than 1.61

dcx_badass;5143926

utorrent here aswell, but make sure you get 1.61 or below.

I use a later version and have never had any issues. Why do you recommend this?

Original Poster

i downloaded the latest version and its working fine as far as i can tell

i concur with utorrent, but to be totally honest i rarely use torrents these days, not since i discovered newsgroups.... highly recommended if you are on virgin media that has 7 days free retention

dcx_badass;5144163

utorrent was sold out to bittorrent after 1.61 and they have close links … utorrent was sold out to bittorrent after 1.61 and they have close links with alot of anti piracy agencies, last time I used a private torrent site they all only accepted utorrent 1.61 or below.

as above :thumbsup:

dcx_badass;5144163

utorrent was sold out to bittorrent after 1.61 and they have close links … utorrent was sold out to bittorrent after 1.61 and they have close links with alot of anti piracy agencies, last time I used a private torrent site they all only accepted utorrent 1.61 or below.

Yep, I read about that too.
Vuze, and some of the later versions of Azuereus (as it was formally called) are linked with anti-piracy groups. BitComet, the Bit Torrent client, and uTorrent too. There are others which I can't recall that you shouldn't use too. Torrents are too risky nowadays anyway, and luckily I don't use them anymore

dcx_badass;5144163

MrBrightside1987;5144329

Yep, I read about that too.Vuze, and some of the later versions of … Yep, I read about that too.Vuze, and some of the later versions of Azuereus (as it was formally called) are linked with anti-piracy groups. BitComet, the Bit Torrent client, and uTorrent too. There are others which I can't recall that you shouldn't use too. Torrents are too risky nowadays anyway, and luckily I don't use them anymore

Interesting to know. I only use 2 private trackers - Demonoid and BakedBits (formerly BitNation) and not had any problems so far.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    2. GOT Leaks again614
    3. PS4 Beta Software Version 5710
    4. Sad news about Barcelona2073

See more discussions