good tower fan

Found 26th Jul
what's a good tower fan.

i no nothing about fans

hopefully on Amazon or Argos and about 30 quid, just something to bring temperature down.
Community Updates
AskFan
12 Comments
Fan's don't cool, they just move the air around a bit quicker, the quicker moment can depending on ambient temperature create a cooling effect.

A standing pedestal stand fan 16" will move more air than a tower fan. But most fans of any type are now in short supply so prices have shot up.

One like this was available for around £15 - £20 recently:

amazon.co.uk/Squ…fan

But out of stock:

cpc.farnell.com/pro…fan

To bring the temperature down you need A/C.
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 26th Jul
well at moment at flat it is like 24 , lucky ground floor, i just want nice relief
whatever you can get, seriously see it buy it, there is little to no stock any where.
Well that's 4 - 6 deg C cooler than my 1st floor flat.

Just buy whatever you can now get as supplies are getting low. And then in the autumn / winter look out for deals on fans or and portable A/C units and buy for next year and onwards.
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 26th Jul
Get a ceiling fan such as argos.co.uk/pro…793 . Direct replacement for your ceiling light (requires wiring - 3 wires off 3 wires on and screwing to ceiling . Sat under mine this afternoon - lovely - in 28 degree lounge . Also useful to fit one in the bedroom ,over your bed - lovely downdraft .

Caution ! Dust top of the fan blades before use . Hadn't used mine since last year (the fan bit) - got covered in dust and flies when I turned it on .
Edited by: "rogparki" 26th Jul
i don't like ceeling fans, is the one at b and m still in stock
Pricklerickle1 h, 21 m ago

well at moment at flat it is like 24 , lucky ground floor, i just want …well at moment at flat it is like 24 , lucky ground floor, i just want nice relief

24? My place is 26-27 deg at night which isn't too bad, 24 is nice and you still want it colder?
Bigfootpete42 m ago

24? My place is 26-27 deg at night which isn't too bad, 24 is nice and you …24? My place is 26-27 deg at night which isn't too bad, 24 is nice and you still want it colder?

way colder, i am used to 17 c , tho says 24 in hall way, living room got to be hotter
My caravan is 36
so how do we no a good one.
http://www.argos.co.uk/search/tower-fan/category:33013081/opt/sort:price/
Pricklerickle18 h, 25 m ago

way colder, i am used to 17 c , tho says 24 in hall way, living room got …way colder, i am used to 17 c , tho says 24 in hall way, living room got to be hotter

lol I sleep with windows open during the winter and I dont moan at this heat
I just got a 20 inches floor fan from Amazon. Wasn't that cheap but fans seem to be out of stock everywhere so had to make do with one of the few that was still in stock.
I checked now and the one I purchased is now OOS.
I was put off tower fans because they didn't sound very powerful.
This one is pretty noisy (since it's a big fan) but it's definitely making things better. Have been a bit uncomfortable without any fan or air conditioning lately

On Argos I couldn't find one that was in stock for delivery for me.
Edited by: "hearts22" 27th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions