Good used car place in Manchester area? Cargiant equivlent?

Found 11th Aug
Hi all I recently moved to Manchester and I don't know the city very well. I am looking to buy a reasonable used car (about £10000 buget for a 5dr hatchback) but don't know where to go. I am definitly not an expert on checking things out in cars and not good at haggling at all. I know the Carginat in London would be a good option but it seems a bit too far.
Any suggestion appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Is "the car people" any good? Are their price negotiable?
I assume you need a larger one because for £10k there are plenty of good, small hatchbacks you can buy brand new.
For that price surely second hand from main dealers is an option?
Motorpoint ?-They are all over the country .
deeky1 h, 14 m ago

I assume you need a larger one because for £10k there are plenty of good, …I assume you need a larger one because for £10k there are plenty of good, small hatchbacks you can buy brand new.

which small car bestdeal ?? you think ? tnx
aw0833 m ago

which small car bestdeal ?? you think ? tnx

There are so many deals and special offer around I wouldn't know where to start I'm afraid
deeky1 h, 11 m ago

There are so many deals and special offer around I wouldn't know where to …There are so many deals and special offer around I wouldn't know where to start I'm afraid

In thinking of Audi A3 or Volvo v40
RadiantDuck2 h, 33 m ago

For that price surely second hand from main dealers is an option?

You mean evans halshaw or Arnold Clark? Sorry I'm not native British so my question might be stupid, these big dealers would they negotiate on price for used cars?
yulu911 m ago

You mean evans halshaw or Arnold Clark? Sorry I'm not native British so my …You mean evans halshaw or Arnold Clark? Sorry I'm not native British so my question might be stupid, these big dealers would they negotiate on price for used cars?

No worries mate! I meant ford or Skoda and look at their second hand stock
RadiantDuck12th Aug

No worries mate! I meant ford or Skoda and look at their second hand stock

Cheers I'll have a look
yulu914 h, 25 m ago

You mean evans halshaw or Arnold Clark? Sorry I'm not native British so my …You mean evans halshaw or Arnold Clark? Sorry I'm not native British so my question might be stupid, these big dealers would they negotiate on price for used cars?

Main dealers means those with new car showrooms who'll typically offer manufacturer-backed warranty programs on their second hand cars. I don't know who they are in Manchester though.

I would just ask about locally for advice on which car dealers are good. Neighbours, people you work with, clubs you go to and so on.

In terms of haggling you can reasonably try it with any car dealer. You might not get much on models in high demand, such as cars only just entering your price bracket, but they're not going to refuse to sell you it because you asked.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants