Good value gaming headset with decent mic

Found 17th Jun
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone can please recommend me a decent headset which has a good quality mic.

Here are my requirements:

- Sub £100
- Mic should be able to pick up quiet audio as I have the whisper during the night
- Connection type must be 3.5mm, 1 for audio and 1 for mic (no USB headsets as I have a decent sound card already and want to utilize that)

I understand a standalone mic would be better however just to confirm that is not what I am looking for.

This is the best I could come up with, any thoughts? amazon.co.uk/Sen…300

Thanks in advance.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

Sennheiser are a solid brand for sound quality dude

I recommend the Hyper X Cloud 2's, picked them up at £50 when on sale. If you can find them for that price or cheaper it's amazing.

Only gripe is that the clamping force hurts after a couple of hours.

Yes hyper x cloud 2 are incredible much better than turtle beaches at that price

MrCollective

Rid1

I recommend the Hyper X Cloud 2's, picked them up at £50 when on sale. … I recommend the Hyper X Cloud 2's, picked them up at £50 when on sale. If you can find them for that price or cheaper it's amazing. Only gripe is that the clamping force hurts after a couple of hours.

JeebusJones3030

Yes hyper x cloud 2 are incredible much better than turtle beaches at … Yes hyper x cloud 2 are incredible much better than turtle beaches at that price

I'm pretty sure you could find some good headphones for about £60 and then buy a modmic using the rest of the budget?
Heard the mics they use are supposed to be great.

Original Poster

MrCollective

Rid1

I recommend the Hyper X Cloud 2's, picked them up at £50 when on sale. … I recommend the Hyper X Cloud 2's, picked them up at £50 when on sale. If you can find them for that price or cheaper it's amazing. Only gripe is that the clamping force hurts after a couple of hours.

JeebusJones3030

Yes hyper x cloud 2 are incredible much better than turtle beaches at … Yes hyper x cloud 2 are incredible much better than turtle beaches at that price

I've looked into buying the modmic already but they seem to receive very mixed reviews.

Razer? Seen a few price drops on Amazon recently

Had the hyper x clouds for a year or 2. Love them. Comfy with the fabric ear cups. Can play for hours in them. I prefer over ear. Never had any problems with anyone hearing me. Also, Kingston are pretty good to deal with should you have any issues. Got then to send me out a new mic when I broke it, no questions asked it was shipped and arrived next day.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Aliexpress - To be trusted?46
    2. Driving anxiety.2738
    3. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet22
    4. Where to find a new Macbook pro 13" 2015 model?11

See more discussions