Groups

Good value petrol garden strimmers

HI,
    I am after a good value petrol garden strimmer, as my Stihl one was stolen. Does anyone know of any good value ones at the moment or ones on offer?
    Many Thanks

9 Comments

I got a good one from EBay UK last year, I think I paid about £65 brand new and does the job for heavy duty stuff. Worth a look.....

McCulloch Trim Mac are reasonably priced, dead easy to get spares for on eBay, well balanced and easy to start. Best deals are unfortunately at the end of the season. Had a really bad Ryobi experience, dunno if I was unlucky but I personally steer clear of their strimmmers.

Original Poster

Thanks for that, I was actually looking at a Ryobi one just a moment ago.

I was thinking of going to B and Q, and see if they had any offers in store.

I had a look and saw a McCulloch Trim Mac on Amazon, which I am tempted in. They also had this one, which I have been looking at for a while.

amazon.co.uk/McC…0VM

amazon.co.uk/PET…9MH

It has good reviews, but I have a feeling the machine itself might not be so good.

allsa001

Thanks for that, I was actually looking at a Ryobi one just a moment … Thanks for that, I was actually looking at a Ryobi one just a moment ago.I was thinking of going to B and Q, and see if they had any offers in store.I had a look and saw a McCulloch Trim Mac on Amazon, which I am tempted in. They also had this one, which I have been looking at for a while.https://www.amazon.co.uk/McCulloch-TrimMac-Petrol-Grass-Trimmer/dp/B00HEEH0VMhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/PETROL-STRIMMER-GARDEN-CUTTER-TRIMMER/dp/B00LTNMMNA/ref=pd_lpo_60_bs_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Y6QWKMCDFF0GRETJV9MHIt has good reviews, but I have a feeling the machine itself might not be so good.

​pm'd you another one on Amazon just now. Had loads of stuff from them, no quibble free returns, no brainer really

Original Poster

Many thanks, I think I will go with that one then.

gazdoubleu

​pm'd you another one on Amazon just now. Had loads of stuff from them, n … ​pm'd you another one on Amazon just now. Had loads of stuff from them, no quibble free returns, no brainer really

Is it a secret?

Not sure where abouts you are? But of you're based in the West country check out Radmore Tuckers website,you'll probably be able to pick up another Stihl one for not much more than a cheap generic branded one.

have a look in lidl they've got some in this week.

I was warned off buying a McCulluck by a landscape gardener i knew and he said it wouldn't last 5 minutes. I had it 12 years before it broke and i have a big garden about third of an acre. He was wrong but i was a bit skint when it broke and bought a cheap petrol one from tesco and 4 years on it still doing well.
    Edited by: "Smartguy1" 12th Mar
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014471
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826350
      3. word association Game73844457
      4. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value59

See more discussions