Good VPN router that works with Virgin Media?

Hello all

I need a good VPN router that works with Virgin Media. One thing to note is that it should have all the major settings, no limitations and use the latest wifi bands.

also need something with beyond excellent signal as for some reason (even though we live in a 3 bed semi) the signal doesn't reach upstairs enough with the superhub 3 by virgin

anyone recommend one?

cheeers

9 Comments

Original Poster

Nothing over £100! As low as possible.

Why do you need a VPN router? You would still need to use the super hub with whatever router you purchased

Original Poster

AStonedRaichu

Why do you need a VPN router? You would still need to use the super hub … Why do you need a VPN router? You would still need to use the super hub with whatever router you purchased

Super hub is **** need vpn router so I can setup a vpn to my work network so all my devices can go through it auto

I think by default the superhub blocks VPNs but you can change the settings on the router - VPN Settings

I have VM and I'm thinking of getting this router when I get paid - ASUS RT-N66U which has VPN support

Original Poster

GingerMohawk

I think by default the superhub blocks VPNs but you can change the … I think by default the superhub blocks VPNs but you can change the settings on the router - VPN SettingsI have VM and I'm thinking of getting this router when I get paid - ASUS RT-N66U which has VPN support

which vpn u gettin

Superhub doesn't block VPN, but if you use multiple VPN's it can be a bit iffy sometimes.
He's planning on using one and bridging it.

I think most consumer routers that have "VPN" Support as in - You can log INTO your home network via VPN, Not that it can create a outbound VPN bridge. The Asus router you mention does have a VPN Client so it should be okay.
Unless it has the ability for you to select what devices go to what bridge (WAN or VPN) then all devices might get pushed through the VPN too, this can add a lot of latency, but it is good for video streaming from other parts of the world ;P...

You should speak to someone at your work to see what they recommend. The VPN Type is important to know, and a lot of VPN services may not allow more than one device over a bridged connection. The Asus router probably only supports PPTP, L2TP, and OpenVPN.

xyhz123456

Superhub doesn't block VPN, but if you use multiple VPN's it can be a bit … Superhub doesn't block VPN, but if you use multiple VPN's it can be a bit iffy sometimes.He's planning on using one and bridging it.I think most consumer routers that have "VPN" Support as in - You can log INTO your home network via VPN, Not that it can create a outbound VPN bridge. The Asus router you mention does have a VPN Client so it should be okay.Unless it has the ability for you to select what devices go to what bridge (WAN or VPN) then all devices might get pushed through the VPN too, this can add a lot of latency, but it is good for video streaming from other parts of the world ;P... You should speak to someone at your work to see what they recommend. The VPN Type is important to know, and a lot of VPN services may not allow more than one device over a bridged connection. The Asus router probably only supports PPTP, L2TP, and OpenVPN.

​I'm not sure as yet

GingerMohawk

​I'm not sure as yet

​Good info thanks

Can you use virgin superhub as an opeňvpn client
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
    2. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88
    3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98