Google account sign in requests hacked?

Posted 7th Jul 2020
Hi guys so basically every time I open a new tab in google chrome or search for something almost immediately I am requested to sign into my google account? Not sure what’s going on if anyone knows help would be appreciated thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
You should change your Google password, both as a precaution and to see if that stops the problem.
Haircut_10007/07/2020 19:33

You should change your Google password, both as a precaution and to see if …You should change your Google password, both as a precaution and to see if that stops the problem.

This certainly wouldn't hurt - but do it on another machine and also turn on 2FA (2 Factor Authentication). You could then consider resetting Chrome on the machine it's problematic on.

Does this help at all - support.google.com/acc…=en ?
Edited by: "morgie" 7th Jul
Using VPN?
Like others have said, change password and turn on 2FA just in case.
Lol. Since when did Google start insisting that a user must sign into a Google account prior to being permitted to surf web?
AndyRoyd07/07/2020 20:41

Lol. Since when did Google start insisting that a user must sign into a …Lol. Since when did Google start insisting that a user must sign into a Google account prior to being permitted to surf web?

Chrome will ask this to sync across devices.
bozo00707/07/2020 21:47

Chrome will ask this to sync across devices.

And you say no, cannot see the benefit of doing that at all, most people use the same old websites all of the time anyway.
eslick07/07/2020 22:20

And you say no, cannot see the benefit of doing that at all, most people …And you say no, cannot see the benefit of doing that at all, most people use the same old websites all of the time anyway.

It brings massive efficiency/productivity gains with your bookmarks, passwords, debit/credit cards, history, extensions, open tabs etc.....you can become pretty much device agnostic and pickup up whatever you were doing in the exact same way.
morgie07/07/2020 22:30

It brings massive efficiency/productivity gains with your bookmarks, …It brings massive efficiency/productivity gains with your bookmarks, passwords, debit/credit cards, history, extensions, open tabs etc.....you can become pretty much device agnostic and pickup up whatever you were doing in the exact same way.

Yep still no benefit for most, don’t store password, or card details, never since 1995 have I thought I wish I had that tab and needed to pick up on another device,great if you do but most people will not use it at all.
I had the same happened to me today, very weird. I did not sign in.
morgie07/07/2020 22:30

It brings massive efficiency/productivity gains with your bookmarks, …It brings massive efficiency/productivity gains with your bookmarks, passwords, debit/credit cards, history, extensions, open tabs etc.....you can become pretty much device agnostic and pickup up whatever you were doing in the exact same way.

OP doesn't seem to be seeing massive efficiency gains.
Post a comment
@
    Text