Google assistant notification

Found 22nd Aug 2017
Within the last week I have started to get a notification pretty much daily on my android phone to ask if I would like to use google assistant as it is really helpful and I would reply no.

Anyone got this on their phone and know how to stop this question popping up daily on your notification?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

Maybe try asking it... Your daily posts are amusing.

Just accept it as it's the future

Original Poster

kester7624 m ago

Just accept it as it's the future

when i googled it would appear that google assistant is something new added to goggle with the new updates. i have reminders on my phone all the time so i don't need any more alerts to confuse things. i wish it would stop asking me if i want it as i had already said no, how many times are you supposed to say no before it will accept that you are not interested?? it may be relying on the wearing you down technique, that if it continues to ask you, sooner or later you will just say yes for an easy life.

i am tempted to say yes and hope that will stop it asking me daily if i want it!

Original Poster

bobdylan4 m ago

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/websearch/AnPtI72jaJI/XBk9H3ZHAgAJ

yes, i read through that before posting this and unless i have not read it properly, no one on that discussion thread seem to have a solution except to report the bug to google. i was hoping someone on here has got a brighter idea or more knowledge.

Sell your phone, buy a cheap feature phone, buy wine with the difference.

mutley12 h, 15 m ago

yes, i read through that before posting this and unless i have not read it …yes, i read through that before posting this and unless i have not read it properly, no one on that discussion thread seem to have a solution except to report the bug to google. i was hoping someone on here has got a brighter idea or more knowledge.

It's just an enhanced version of google now, nothing major except extra functionality. I don't see want the issue is as it's just an upgrade to an existing function present on your phone. Might aswell except it now as it will be a fixed part of any android OS upgrade later on

mutley13 h, 38 m ago

yes, i read through that before posting this and unless i have not read it …yes, i read through that before posting this and unless i have not read it properly, no one on that discussion thread seem to have a solution except to report the bug to google. i was hoping someone on here has got a brighter idea or more knowledge.

"I went to Settings:Application manager:Google, and set Notifications to Block (Show no notifications from this app).That seemed to make the current Notification that was offering to turn on Google Assistant go away from the notification area at the top of the screen." Posted 4 days ago on that thread

"The only thing I've found that has worked is uninstalling the updates to Google App and reverting to the original. Also, turn off automatic app updates so it doesn't reinstall itself." Posted 3 days ago on that thread

"Change your language preferences to US Virgin Islands and remove US English, this will disable the stupid assistant, without actually changing your interface language. Worked for me like a charm." Posted 2 days ago on that thread

Have you tried any of those?

Could it be linked to the app you deleted?...details here

I agree.... Just install it.

You can soon disable it after installation... but you might find it useful.

Original Poster

xmikebx16 h, 12 m ago

"I went to Settings:Application manager:Google, and set Notifications to …"I went to Settings:Application manager:Google, and set Notifications to Block (Show no notifications from this app).That seemed to make the current Notification that was offering to turn on Google Assistant go away from the notification area at the top of the screen." Posted 4 days ago on that thread"The only thing I've found that has worked is uninstalling the updates to Google App and reverting to the original. Also, turn off automatic app updates so it doesn't reinstall itself." Posted 3 days ago on that thread"Change your language preferences to US Virgin Islands and remove US English, this will disable the stupid assistant, without actually changing your interface language. Worked for me like a charm." Posted 2 days ago on that threadHave you tried any of those?

i didn't like uninstall updates as the updates maybe helpful in other aspects. i didn't like the language change suggestion.
i did like the block notifications but i don't fully understand what the google app actually does and worry this may stop other notifications to my phone from gmail for example, which is extremely important to me as i have to read emails as soon as they come in and i get notified.

i could try turning the notification off and send myself an email to see if this stops the alert or google calendar alerts, which again is extremely important to me as i use this daily.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions