Groups

Google chrome help

Does anybody else have a problem with google chrome my pages keep freezing then getting the option to kill page or wait. Then is says snap.
    It happens alot. Anybody know how to solve this?

16 Comments

yes for about 5 days getting peed off, i sent loads of report nothing

try uninstalling it and reinstall see if that helps, you most likely have a browser add on thats causing problems

Mine has started doing the same since the last Windows update.

Original Poster

sweetjudy21

try uninstalling it and reinstall see if that helps, you most likely have … try uninstalling it and reinstall see if that helps, you most likely have a browser add on thats causing problems

will try this. Thanks

Original Poster

soso11

will try this. Thanks

if I uninstall will I lose all my book marks?

malware bytes link alternative is click the 3 dots top right go to settings select Show advanced setting at the bottom and then scroll to the bottom select reset

Edited by: "wanderer" 13th Dec 2016

soso11

if you go into bookmarks manager and click organize, you can export them to HTML and then reimport them on the newly installed chrome

I've had it before, Think it overloads the ram or something, I ended up using a different browser after reinstalling didn't help.

Original Poster

wanderer

malware bytes link alternative is click the 3 dots top right go to … malware bytes link alternative is click the 3 dots top right go to settings select Show advanced setting at the bottom and then scroll to the bottom select reset

will try this first before re-installing. Thanks

https://i.redd.it/vomc12ww0z2y.gif

Is your Chrome up to date? What version?
    Click 3 dots top right - select Help - select about Google Chrome

Do you have a google account? If so, your bookmarks are already saved, automatically. Sign in before reinstalling to make sure it is up to date. After reinstalling chrome, sign in to your account and your bookmarks will magically repopulate.

soso11

Edited by: "Rarnik" 13th Dec 2016

Original Poster

philphil61

Is your Chrome up to date? What version?Click 3 dots top right - select … Is your Chrome up to date? What version?Click 3 dots top right - select Help - select about Google Chrome

clicked and getting updates. cheers

soso11

clicked and getting updates. cheers

Not sure if they've fixed the issue recently but previously Google Chrome would update but leave the old versions in the installation folder (upto 100Mb of useless carp) for each new update

After updating - if problem is fixed - find Google Chrome shortcut in Startup - right click - select "open file location" and just have a quick check (should only be the one "version" folder)

HTH

Original Poster

PenguinsForAll

Maybe give Firefox a try, if you do - get uBlock Origin adblocker. You … Maybe give Firefox a try, if you do - get uBlock Origin adblocker. You should be using it with Chrome if you aren't!Firefox adblock: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/Chrome adblock https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en

Thanks for advice, I have added this onto chrome and updated chrome. Going to see how it works for awhile before trying firefox.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1719
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions