Groups

Google Chrome Update

I think Google Chrome ought to automatically update, but mine does not. Anyway, there's an update available for those who use it. Just click the spanner to right and choose "About Google Chrome."

My Grandmother can suck eggs too

10 Comments

cheers ears

I have never done anything to update my chrome but it is up to date...so mine is automatic. Is there a setting to change to make it auto?

Banned

AberdeenDad

I have never done anything to update my chrome but it is up to date...so … I have never done anything to update my chrome but it is up to date...so mine is automatic. Is there a setting to change to make it auto?

it is automatic but fails occassionally. Its a bit of an overhead so if you want to disable it:-

you can turn off the auto-update through windows Task Scheduler
    by Going to control panel, select "Scheduled tasks". I just disable the Google Update Tasks

Original Poster

You can also disable the Google Update via CCleaner (Tools - StartUp - Diable).

Stopped using it as wouldnt work on tesco/argos/home banking websites to name a few

Bully

Stopped using it as wouldnt work on tesco/argos/home banking websites to … Stopped using it as wouldnt work on tesco/argos/home banking websites to name a few

Must be your setup mate as chrome works fine for me on all of them.......its my default browser,much better and loads quicker than i.e

Maybe try a decent browser like ummmm FIREFOX

Original Poster

kjbenja

I found, like many on here, Firefox to be slower than Chrome. I have tried all the top browsers and Chrome works best for me.

Banned

I wished browsers WOULDN'T auto update.

It's annoying as he'll when half the pluggins stop working and no update is available.

Banned

kjbenja

I had to use IE explorer the other day because menu selection in the control panel for my router isn't possible in Firefox. Jus saying!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad news about Barcelona2398
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?2296
      3. Any PS4 News Here29213613
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917257

See more discussions